Coronation Street Capri

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Coronation Street Capri

Post by pbar »

On Coronation Street tonight, Tyrone and Alina hang a picture up of themselves, and strangely they are stood in front of a Capri. Not the first time a Capri has appeared in the show, someone is a fan perhaps?

Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Coronation Street Capri

Post by Jasonmarie »

Nice spot there , shame he’s not got the mighty pinto Capri :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Thanks Jason :) I know, he's got the wrong Capri, but it is Tyrone Dobbs after all, you have to make allowances!
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

Proper Capri, not a cheap and cheerful laser :xd:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Nice spot, especially so as it's the greatest model of Capri. Ever !! :D

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

pbar wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:21 pm Thanks Jason :) I know, he's got the wrong Capri, but it is Tyrone Dobbs after all, you have to make allowances!
Who for ? Tyrone or Jason 😂 , and anyhow not fair to single Tyrone out as a dumb arse🤯 , interesting reality tv/doco tho ,real eye opener😳🥺😲....,.. 😂😁😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 am Nice spot, especially so as it's the greatest model of Capri. Ever !! :D

Andrew.
Make it a proper Capri - Drop a big 3 litre Essex in it. ;)
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Uhg , on here today , had to sit thru it at the Drs waitin room 🤢😁
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Mr B wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 am Nice spot, especially so as it's the greatest model of Capri. Ever !! :D

Andrew.
No, I think the normal sized 3.0 Essex, the big ones need a lot of modifications to fit in the engine bay.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Andrew.
No, I think the normal sized 3.0 Essex, the big ones need a lot of modifications to fit in the engine bay.
Talking of the Essex V6 does anyone know what the colour code is for RS 3100 Valve covers? Obviously blue but what shade - can't find this info anywhere :(

Cheers

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Mr B wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:29 pm

Talking of the Essex V6 does anyone know what the colour code is for RS 3100 Valve covers? Obviously blue but what shade - can't find this info anywhere :(

Cheers

Wayne
Ford blue Wayne ....ford blue 😆.
I have a 30L container of factory crankcase air ,enough to do cam cover internal space too. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to FULLY restore your engine to truly "as it left the factory" status ,your friends ,when you tell them ,will be so happy for you they wont be able to stop smiling . Id be willing to part with this .....for the right person, Wayne 🤭. I did think of using it myself but dont feel im a serious enough capri fan to do it justice. Im offering this opportunity to you , Wayne ,thought about Nick but he'd have it sucked thru that engine in no time flat, so , for the cost of the freight (magic beans are fine and you will need a few ,this stuff weighs a ton 😂 )you could have this rare factory part 😆
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Mc Tool wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:50 am
Mr B wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:29 pm

Cheers

Wayne
Ford blue Wayne ....ford blue 😆.
I have a 30L container of factory crankcase air ,enough to do cam cover internal space too. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to FULLY restore your engine to truly "as it left the factory" status ,your friends ,when you tell them ,will be so happy for you they wont be able to stop smiling . Id be willing to part with this .....for the right person, Wayne 🤭. I did think of using it myself but dont feel im a serious enough capri fan to do it justice. Im offering this opportunity to you , Wayne ,thought about Nick but he'd have it sucked thru that engine in no time flat, so , for the cost of the freight (magic beans are fine and you will need a few ,this stuff weighs a ton 😂 )you could have this rare factory part 😆
Thanks for this MC, There does seem to be quite a few definitions of Ford Blue - all different shades but apparently all Ford Blue :roll:

Tell you what though MC I'm looking for a 'Long Weight' would you happen to have one, I'd pay the postage :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Ha ha , I got sent for a long weight during my 2nd apprenticeship (small motors ),I was just going to go for a wander round the block , but I saw at the cinema that Cheech and Chong's next movie was the matinee of the day so in I went , boss not happy but I told him he got what he asked for . The guy was a total cnut ,wound up suing him, and getting the last year of my app credited........then I fucked his daughter😆.....lots of times .
If there are a few shades of ford blue could you not interpret that as "as long as its in the ballpark " sorta thing . I know there is always some arsehole that will decry your choice ......but Im waaaaaay down here 😆😁😁