Tyrrell's Classic Workshop - Capri Mk I 3000 GT XLR

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Tyrrell's Classic Workshop - Capri Mk I 3000 GT XLR

Post by T.M. »

Hi,
watch this ;-) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhAx7hFQt_U

And check their other videos, it's very good channel.

Tom
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Tyrrell's Classic Workshop - Capri Mk I 3000 GT XLR

Post by stevemarl »

Brilliant, enjoyed that, thanks!!!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I lasted 8 minutes , the guy is a blithering twat . 👎
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I do enjoy ian videos he started after doing Harry’s Lamborghini , yes if I had a high end classic car I would take my motor there , hang on I do have a high end Pinto :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

SBH - good old Buckinghamshire registration!

As regards the program, I do believe that the presenter thought himself to be above a common old Capri and that it was just taking up space in his showroom.
T.M.

Post by T.M. »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:38 pm I do enjoy ian videos he started after doing Harry’s Lamborghini , yes if I had a high end classic car I would take my motor there , hang on I do have a high end Pinto :lol: :lol:
Yes, Capri with Pinto will be there next time, Jason. When Ian returns to much more expensive cars! ;-)

I like his videos too. It is good, that Harry brought him to "youtubing". My two most favourite channels: Harry and Ian. :-)

Tom
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

T.M. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:35 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:38 pm I do enjoy ian videos he started after doing Harry’s Lamborghini , yes if I had a high end classic car I would take my motor there , hang on I do have a high end Pinto :lol: :lol:
Yes, Capri with Pinto will be there next time, Jason. When Ian returns to much more expensive cars! ;-)

I like his videos too. It is good, that Harry brought him to "youtubing". My two most favourite channels: Harry and Ian. :-)

Tom
Taking about Harry , that Jag and Lancia he is getting restored will set him back a few pounds , I wonder if he spills the beans on cost , the Lancia garage is just up the road from me , I keep meaning to swing past and have a look one day . :cool:
I bet Ian’s Labour charges are a few pound to have him work on your car
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Paul G wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:53 am

As regards the program, I do believe that the presenter thought himself to be above a common old Capri and that it was just taking up space in his showroom.
Yup.
I get shitted off with knobs explaining something technical ,like this muppet with the distributor , describing how it works ,sorta . One could be forgiven for thinking thats the 1st time he had ever touched💅 one. He aint the only one either. 🙄
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Mc Tool wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 pm
Paul G wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:53 am

Yup.
I get shitted off with knobs explaining something technical ,like this muppet with the distributor , describing how it works ,sorta . One could be forgiven for thinking thats the 1st time he had ever touched💅 one. He aint the only one either. 🙄
I keep on training the wife to where the petrol goes but she still does not get it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: saying that the dishwasher I don’t understand :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah Jason , but I used to service home appliances so its kinda hard to say I dunno how they work, and anyhow Im the dishwasher in this house, but with the clothes dryer🤯,brain dead , Ive told her untold times, its in the strucshun book,and even written around the knob in question "do not turn timer anticlockwise " ,and this is where the 1st line of this post bites me on the arse again " oh Hamish can fix anything " , so she doesnt give a fuck😆,anyhow she is off waisting her money at the hairdressers so I plan to reduce to recycled wood the writing desk she thinks Im going to restore , but I want to make something like this
IMG_20210216_081433.jpg

I have all the gauges and power meters ,and plumbing fittings , just thought a natural wood backing might work
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Just had another thought ......I dont let Di fuel my car coz the tight bitch always puts budget petrol in ....not the 96 it needs, so maybe your Mrs aint as dumb as you think. Women have (so do teens) petrol esp , see Di's car is the 4wd so I take that fishing but even when I spring it on her the car has just enough fuel to get to the petrol station , which is in the opposite direction from the fishing spot .......but Im winning coz she thinks she curbed my new car wheel , fessed up an everything ,much grovelling and rash promises to make amends..... but I did it 1st 😆
T.M.

Post by T.M. »

Jasonmarie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:06 pm Taking about Harry , that Jag and Lancia he is getting restored will set him back a few pounds , I wonder if he spills the beans on cost , the Lancia garage is just up the road from me , I keep meaning to swing past and have a look one day . :cool:
Good idea, go there and check Harrys Lancia. Maybe you can get some "behind scenes" info. ;-)

I am curious, how the Jag will look in that green color what Harry chose. Personally I would keep original blue, but that green metalic could be interesting.

Tom
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Mc Tool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 am Yeah Jason , but I used to service home appliances so its kinda hard to say I dunno how they work, and anyhow Im the dishwasher in this house, but with the clothes dryer🤯,brain dead , Ive told her untold times, its in the strucshun book,and even written around the knob in question "do not turn timer anticlockwise " ,and this is where the 1st line of this post bites me on the arse again " oh Hamish can fix anything " , so she doesnt give a fuck😆,anyhow she is off waisting her money at the hairdressers so I plan to reduce to recycled wood the writing desk she thinks Im going to restore , but I want to make something like this IMG_20210216_081433.jpg
I have all the gauges and power meters ,and plumbing fittings , just thought a natural wood backing might work
I do like steampunk I have used a old car charger from the 60s as a table lamp . But yours looks amazing :applaud:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

T.M. wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:46 am
Jasonmarie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:06 pm Taking about Harry , that Jag and Lancia he is getting restored will set him back a few pounds , I wonder if he spills the beans on cost , the Lancia garage is just up the road from me , I keep meaning to swing past and have a look one day . :cool:
Good idea, go there and check Harrys Lancia. Maybe you can get some "behind scenes" info. ;-)

I am curious, how the Jag will look in that green color what Harry chose. Personally I would keep original blue, but that green metalic could be interesting.

Tom
I must agree I was not keen on the green and would have kept the Jag blue , I will see if I can get near the workshop where the Lancia is :cool: