Interesting.....

Capris For Sale and Wanted Adverts
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13812
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:22 pm

andyd wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:53 am
£65K 280 https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1263325
A lot of money for sure, but what a car! 8-)

Andrew.
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Caprifan Rob » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:22 pm
andyd wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:53 am
£65K 280 https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1263325
A lot of money for sure, but what a car! 8-)

Andrew.
:agree: Stunning. Where do these ultra low mileage cars live all these years, and what cars do the owners drive for 33 years while they could have been enjoying this :doh:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13812
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:48 am

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm
and what cars do the owners drive for 33 years while they could have been enjoying this :doh:
A Mustang?...... :D

Andrew.
Image

Caprifan Rob
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Caprifan Rob » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:47 am

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:48 am
Caprifan Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm
and what cars do the owners drive for 33 years while they could have been enjoying this :doh:
A Mustang?...... :D

Andrew.
:lol:

Paul G
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Paul G » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Caprifan Rob wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:22 pm
andyd wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:53 am
£65K 280 https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1263325
A lot of money for sure, but what a car! 8-)

Andrew.
:agree: Stunning. Where do these ultra low mileage cars live all these years, and what cars do the owners drive for 33 years while they could have been enjoying this :doh:
At that price I expect they would be driving a 15 year old Fiesta or Corsa!

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Nice colour but don't think it's a 1983 or even a Capri colour :? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-Ford-Ca ... Sw9UhfVku4

Something not adding up with MOT history;

Date tested 4 May 2010 Mileage 95,152 miles

Date tested 28 January 2012 Mileage 71,552 miles

Probably a speedo change? If earliest miles are correct the car has done about 103k not 79k as advert.

Paul G
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL
Location: High Wycombe

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Paul G » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Looks a bit like Tasman Blue which was around late 80's to early 90's. I had a Granada Ghia in that colour.

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:20 am

Paul G wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:04 pm
Looks a bit like Tasman Blue which was around late 80's to early 90's. I had a Granada Ghia in that colour.
You could be spot on there Paul :cheers:

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4127
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Sometimes I do wonder if it is me or the world is different to me ! Yes I am mad with OCD and a bad back but would any of you buy this at the same price andy sold his ?

Thought ladies , gents & transgenders?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154190864725

Pictures of the worse fitting car cover I have ever seen :lol:

Image

Image

Image

If this is your car please accept my thoughts on the advert as we all have a opinion even when it’s my mother in law :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Jasonmarie wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:51 pm
Sometimes I do wonder if it is me or the world is different to me ! Yes I am mad with OCD and a bad back but would any of you buy this at the same price andy sold his ?





If this is your car please accept my thoughts on the advert as we all have a opinion even when it’s my mother in law :lol:
Wish I got that price for mine :lol:

That's Marks (Brooky) old car now owned by his son Lee. Seen it a couple of times over the last 5 years or so, and as 280s go it's cheap enough, but there is room for improvement in the places mentioned in the ad.

That cover fits like my vest atm :whistle: But good tailored covers can still cause paint issues too as I found out in the past as have others.
Jasonmarie wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:51 pm


Thought ladies , gents & transgenders?

Today I'm identifying as a carrot :wave:

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2070
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: High Wycombe/Aylesbury

Re: Interesting.....

Post by D366Y » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:00 pm

For a standard 2.8, no. But you've forgotten Brooklands tax! Buy it at £16.5k, fix the few areas and sell it on saying it's concourse and has original paint for twice the price :lol:
andyd wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:47 pm


Today I'm identifying as a carrot :wave:
As a turnip, I feel this comment is a personal attack on me and will be reporting you to the local constabulary for hate speech
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:33 pm

D366Y wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:00 pm

andyd wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:47 pm


Today I'm identifying as a carrot :wave:
As a turnip, I feel this comment is a personal attack on me and will be reporting you to the local constabulary for hate speech
:woot: Are you going to phone them or turn ip in person :lol:

User avatar
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Posts: 2070
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...
Location: High Wycombe/Aylesbury

Re: Interesting.....

Post by D366Y » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:13 pm

andyd wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:33 pm
D366Y wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:00 pm

andyd wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:47 pm


Today I'm identifying as a carrot :wave:
As a turnip, I feel this comment is a personal attack on me and will be reporting you to the local constabulary for hate speech
:woot: Are you going to phone them or turn ip in person :lol:
:lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4127
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Just looking at the watches & clocks in a upcoming sale and guess what I found .

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/26549/lot/344/
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:17 am

Jasonmarie wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 pm
Just looking at the watches & clocks in a upcoming sale and guess what I found .

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/26549/lot/344/
Wile E. Coyote

Marmite it may be, but it will fly with that motor :drive:

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:53 am

Regardless of expense can't see it selling for the expected price/bids https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Capri-m ... Sw-4RfjFVO

Petrol gauge not working(?) and a little hoover of mats wouldn't go a miss before taking pics.

andyd
Posts: 7569
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1984 Ford Sierra 1.6GL
Location: Devon

Re: Interesting.....

Post by andyd » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:41 am

Some car ads speak to you and give you a good or bad feeling.....Stated in the ad not cleaned since owned :shock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-FORD-CA ... SwSRlfy8Hh

My car interior would never be that dirty, and especially if selling! This isn't a cheap car, make a bit of an effort.

User avatar
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Posts: 4127
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:30 am
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver
Location: Kent

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Jasonmarie » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:53 am

andyd wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:41 am
Some car ads speak to you and give you a good or bad feeling.....Stated in the ad not cleaned since owned :shock: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1987-FORD-CA ... SwSRlfy8Hh

My car interior would never be that dirty, and especially if selling! This isn't a cheap car, make a bit of an effort.

I just don’t get how buying something and going to the bother of getting a mot they have not gave it a wash . :doh:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:

User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 13812
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Andrew 2.8i » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:47 am

andyd wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:41 am
My car interior would never be that dirty, and especially if selling! This isn't a cheap car, make a bit of an effort.
Jasonmarie wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:53 am
I just don’t get how buying something and going to the bother of getting a mot they have not gave it a wash . :doh:
The carpet is filthy !

Andrew.
Image

Lord Flasheart
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:19 pm
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Re: Interesting.....

Post by Lord Flasheart » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:44 pm

I don't get it either, why wouldn't you clean the bloody thing .... seems its sold anyway

Post Reply