A post, since god knows when. I know its been a while... and honestly not a lot has happened.
However.... Progress! at last. So here is the situation. I had to move the Capri to a new location, and that being a council garage with no power and being a few miles from my house so i cant even run an extension. And the neighbors don't look overly friendly... So i had to come up with a plan, either find a unit or find some portable power. So i bought a generator. I had a lot of hassle finding one cheap enough that would run my welder, however i finally got my hands on one and its runs well with the welder! so now i can weld/grind in the garage.
That was the first problem. Second of all the garage has starting leaking. which i was unaware of until i removed the windscreen and put it back in the garage.... only to come back a few weeks later to find the car full of water. great..... so after i cleaned up all the mildew and dried it out i decided i had to sort the roof out. Cuz the council suck and its unlikely they will do anything to fix it.... great. Silicone sealant anyone?
So besides the leaking roof and soaking Capri i have thatched a plan. first of all, it involves tacking this monstrosity of a mess..... (wish me luck)
It started out like this. and me being the bright spark i am decided "Its not that bad. surely its just a small bubble. Ill poke it.....
Obviously... i couldnt have been more wrong and suddenly....
After that i have a small issue of tackling the incredible wiring skills of some idiot...
I removed the sunroof... (I know I'm crazy) to find some more surprises. yay.......
Then just a small patch on the rear tailgate hinge mounting point
So really its a rotten shell. But I'm adamant i can save it.... there wont be much Capri left at this rate.....
Other than that. Not alot has been going on. The weather now determines if i can weld or not as the garage is so small it has to be rolled out to be worked on. (Debating weather or not to make a roll over jig to make life easier? Thoughts?
And here is a full list of all i can think of that needs doing before i can actually think about MOT'ing it. Its much longer than i thought
- Repair Windscreen/Dash surround
- Fill crack on boot hinge
- Treat rust on roof and repair pinholes
- Replece floor seam to drivers side
- Repair floor section drivers underside (spring shackle)
- Fill/repair bonet holes (front)
- Improve wing rail undersides
- Remount wings correctly
- Repair/Replace drivers side sill (rear quater)
- Rub down/repair passanger rear wheel arch (bad filler/paint)
- Inspect boot floor
- Repair/replace front valance
- Rub down shell? primer? hope to god you dont find more rot....
- Paint Shell....... (Poor wallet)
- Sort out bodge job wheel arch insides cuz whoever fit them needs mental treatment...
- Treat entire underside seal and paint
- Repair drivers seat
- Finish painting trim black
- Cover dash leather trim
- Replace headlining (dark)
- Repair dials facia
- Repair parcel shelf?
- Repair rear boot trims
- Dye carpet black
- Remove 1.6 - Clean
- Sand/remove paint from engine bay
- Repair any rust/damage
- Smooth/Fill to get clean finish
- Paint engine bay
- Decide what engine you want you mug
- Fabricate?/Buy strut brace?
- Remove cross memeber treat and paint/replace engine mounts
- Remove all components, inspect and replace if necisairy
- Clean/derust/sand/paint and parts being reused in black
- Fit full polly kit (already purchased)
- Fit adjustable TCA's (already purchased)
- Replace diff cover as starting to rot
- Check crown wheel pinion setup + replace diff oil
- Remove prop inspect, paint.
- Refurb wheels
- Remove steering rack and replace gators and paint rack
2.0 205 Block?:
- Rebuild including seals/gaskets and shizz
- Decide on head modifications
- Head also needs skimming and cleaning due to carbon deposits
- Rebore?/Rehone cylinder walls
- Remove cylinder lips if rehoning?
- New pistons/rods???? ......moneybags
- Twin webbers 40's - crazy expensive....
So wish me luck! Ill hopefully be posting more as the weather begins to pick up!!!
Hope your all not bored yet...