Respray

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
Taff50ish
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection Special, every few days.
VW Tiguan for daily & boaring runs.
Triumph Speed Triple 1050, Now unfortunately gone...
Triumph 1200 Tiger XCA instead... Now also gone.
Tiger XRT instead... No, gone too...
BMW R1250RS Exec... Try this one out (old man syndrome).

Re: Respray

Post by Taff50ish »

Hi Dallas,

Great looking Capri there. As Andy has already said, I do think a nice Red Capri is one of the best colours, if not the best.... I did have a Red 1.6 L many years ago which I still have fond memories of... Hope to see this in the flesh once the World returns to normal.... Take care & cheers for sharing... Cheers,

John...
Dallas
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser. MG TF 135 BRG. MG ZT 190 V6. Dacia Sandero Stepway.

Post by Dallas »

Thank you for the comments fellas, I just wish my father was here to see the Capri all finished, he would have been amazed in how much it looks like my old Capri back when I was 18. My father and I had some great times working on my old Capri's back in the day, I had an 1982 LS and a 1979 Ghia, my father had a MK3 and Mk5 Cortina, he actually taught me to drive in his Cortina MK2 back when I was 8 years old, you couldn't get away with that now. :o

I'm just glad that my father got to see my laser Capri a few times over Easter, he was amazed that I had bought another one some 30 years on, the first thing he said is that it looks like my old red LS.

I'm sure he is looking down on me and admiring the work that has been done, after all he taught me a few things about cars through the years, I just wish he was around longer, 71 is no age to die these days.

@John, yes it would be great to meet you guys when all this madness is over. :cool:
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Sorry to hear of your loss. It’s great that your dad got to see the car over Easter.
It’s looking really good, with you on the 4 spokes, they really suit the S & Laser Capris.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

The car looks brilliant after its paint.

I agree with your wheel choice, the 4 spokes do just look right. If you do look for a second set its good that the 4 spokes are now available in different widths and even a 15" version in the same timeless style.

As you have removed the side strips are you going with S stripes ?

Is that a Carla check interior by any chance ?
Dallas
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 Laser. MG TF 135 BRG. MG ZT 190 V6. Dacia Sandero Stepway.

Post by Dallas »

Thanks fellas.

I'm not sure if I will put laser decals on the sides yet, I have put the Capri 1.6 laser decal on the tailgate so far.
Tailgate laser decal 1600x900.jpg
I've been grabbing a few photos, enjoying the sunshine. :cool:
FEF 280520.JPG