I'm back......

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

I'm back......

Post by andyd »

Last edited by andyd on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: I'm back......

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

As you've taken the time to post two threads, it's the least I can do to comment on both!

What an absolute stunner! :D

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:As you've taken the time to post two threads, it's the least I can do to comment on both!

What an absolute stunner! :D

Andrew.
:oops: :oops:
It's been a long day Andrew.
Took me 4 hours to get it as it is in the pics. Polish, bumper ends, side trim, detail spray, and hoover :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:Took me 4 hours to get it as it is in the pics. Polish, bumper ends, side trim, detail spray, and hoover :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
A beautiful looking car, cardinal red really suits the shape of the Capri in my opinion, and you can see that it has a really deep glossy shine. You surprise me by saying that you've had to spend 4 hours cleaning it. I would have thought the Doc would have had it in tip top shape. Obviously his standards aren't as high as yours! :)

Andrew.
Last edited by Andrew 2.8i on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote:
andyd wrote:Took me 4 hours to get it as it is in the pics. Polish, bumper ends, side trim, detail spray, and hoover :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
A beautiful looking car, cardinal red really suits the shape of the Capri in my opinion, and you can see that it has a really dep glossy shine. You surprise me by saying that you've had to spend 4 hours cleaning it. I would have thought the Doc would have had it in tip top shape. Obviously his standards aren't as high as yours! :)

Andrew.
I set the bar high Andrew :whistle: :lol:

A bit of rain in South Wales this morning caused the usual splash marks etc.

The Doc has been great running around getting the jobs done I wanted :cheers:
Pas28i
Car(s): 06 Polo 1.4s (new daily driver), mk2 Golf Gti (was my daily), and 2.8injection Special (awaiting recommissioning)

Post by Pas28i »

Congratulations on your new Capri, great example.

The first time I saw a 2.8i for real was a cardinal red one back in 83 and yours reminds me of it!

Pas.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Pas28i wrote:Congratulations on your new Capri, great example.

The first time I saw a 2.8i for real was a cardinal red one back in 83 and yours reminds me of it!

Pas.
:cheers:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I'm made up for you Andy :) Enjoy.
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote:I'm made up for you Andy :) Enjoy.
Thanks Paul.
The 'pull' of the Capri beat me in the end :lol:
andyd

Post by andyd »

In case anyone wonders why I sold the Sierra, I had a detailer come around to look at a small area of paint at the top of the 'A' pillar that was repaired by the longterm owner prior to 2015. It was a fairly good job, but in the right light you could see something had gone on there.

Confident he could improve the apperance with a machine polish, he then burnt through the paint :doh: :doh: :doh: Everytime I went to get in it it caught my eye, wishing I hadn't bothered or he said he he didn't want to sort it......Lesson learned!!
A roof paint would have been the only option to sort this, but the originality of the car was what I loved about it, so having a roof repaint and the rest of the car factory paint wasn't going to work for me :( Restored or original is how I like my cars....That's just me.

A Capri is less complicated than the 2.9 EFI, and less electronic dash equipment etc, which I prefer :D

The new owner will have a great car, but it wasn't for me anymore.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Nice one Andy, welcome back to the Capri owning fold. I never thought you would sell the XR4 as that, blemishes apart, was still one of the best about.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote:In case anyone wonders why I sold the Sierra, I had a detailer come around to look at a small area of paint at the top of the 'A' pillar that was repaired by the longterm owner prior to 2015.

Confident he could improve the apperance with a machine polish, he then burnt through the paint
I'm just curious then Andy, if you had left that alone, would you still have the car?
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Glad to have you back from the Dark side Andy!
Hopefully the XROC guys didn't take it too badly!? :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Well OMG I never thought I would read this today , you old dog Andy and I never spotted anything on you know what . That’s a real stunner and as all the members say welcome back to the Capri side .
Well done mate really pleased you have a Capri and already for nextyear 50th ....... :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote:Nice one Andy, welcome back to the Capri owning fold. I never thought you would sell the XR4 as that, blemishes apart, was still one of the best about.
Thanks Paul, yes it's still a lovely car.
pbar wrote:
andyd wrote:In case anyone wonders why I sold the Sierra, I had a detailer come around to look at a small area of paint at the top of the 'A' pillar that was repaired by the longterm owner prior to 2015.

Confident he could improve the apperance with a machine polish, he then burnt through the paint
I'm just curious then Andy, if you had left that alone, would you still have the car?
I wouldn't have sold it in the immediate future Paul, as I had spent quite a few ££ on it this year. But it won't be as valuable as the Capri now or in the forseable future and imo you can't keep throwing money into it if that's the case so would rather put the money into something that hopefully more desirable and better condition....If only we had a crystal ball mate :lol:
D366Y wrote:Glad to have you back from the Dark side Andy!
Hopefully the XROC guys didn't take it too badly!? :lol:
Nice to be back officially mate :D
Like I said to my mate, I drive what I want when I want.... It will still be on stand and very popular I think :cheers:
Jasonmarie wrote:Well OMG I never thought I would read this today , you old dog Andy and I never spotted anything on you know what . That’s a real stunner and as all the members say welcome back to the Capri side .
Well done mate really pleased you have a Capri and already for nextyear 50th ....... :beer:

Thanks JM. If something irritaes me that much it has to go, it happened before too......Bloody 'Experts'

Woof Woof :)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Yes I think we are all the same with our cars as it’s good when we all park up together as we treat each other’s cars as our own . Also I would have got shot of your old Sierra when that dog did a wee up the wheel :lol: .

New toy and new smiles now andy . :beer:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

:welcome: back to the forum Andy even though you never left :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I can say is :woot:

F#ck me mate ! I go away to Corsica for a week and come back to see you are well and truely back with a Capri !! Just got a heads up from Jason to check out the forum...now !!!

WOW !!! That 2.8i is a proper stunner mate. Great news ! I always knew you would get another one !!! Your passion for them never dwindled at all as you thankfully stayed part of this great forum to give advice even without a Capri :)

Yep Cardinal Red does look superb especially one in this condition. Its beautiful Andy and I wish you many happy years enjoying it. Cant wait to see it in the flesh !!

All the best mate

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
andyd

Post by andyd »

Fordoholic Nick wrote::welcome: back to the forum Andy even though you never left :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I can say is :woot:

F#ck me mate ! I go away to Corsica for a week and come back to see you are well and truely back with a Capri !! Just got a heads up from Jason to check out the forum...now !!!

WOW !!! That 2.8i is a proper stunner mate. Great news ! I always knew you would get another one !!! Your passion for them never dwindled at all as you thankfully stayed part of this great forum to give advice even without a Capri :)

Yep Cardinal Red does look superb especially one in this condition. Its beautiful Andy and I wish you many happy years enjoying it. Cant wait to see it in the flesh !!

All the best mate

Nick
Thanks for that Nick, it almost brought a tear to my eye.... :crying: :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote:Yes I think we are all the same with our cars as it’s good when we all park up together as we treat each other’s cars as our own . Also I would have got shot of your old Sierra when that dog did a wee up the wheel :lol: .

New toy and new smiles now andy . :beer:
:cheers:
:agree: dogs have no respect anymore :?

Just got the agreed value confirmed for 2 years through Brentare Insurance who I can highly recommend! https://www.brentacre.co.uk/
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote:In case anyone wonders why I sold the Sierra, I had a detailer come around to look at a small area of paint at the top of the 'A' pillar that was repaired by the longterm owner prior to 2015. It was a fairly good job, but in the right light you could see something had gone on there.
Confident he could improve the apperance with a machine polish, he then burnt through the paint :doh: :doh: :doh: Everytime I went to get in it it caught my eye, wishing I hadn't bothered or he said he he didn't want to sort it......Lesson learned!!
Hi Andy,
I can see why you wouldn't want to keep the Sierra. Something like that would niggle a perfectionist like you and no doubt give you some sleepless nights! Now you have a car that the good Doc has had sorted...it's a vision of perfection!
It's no real consolation, but do you get compensation friom the detailer in a situation like that?

Andrew.