Ford capri 1977 3.0s resto

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
tazla
Car(s): Mk2 3.0s stardust silver

Re: Ford capri 1977 3.0s resto

Post by tazla »

Rear bumper finished and back on Image Image mirrors back on.door handles too new gasket due to a slight leak Image.next job is front bumper.rocker covers powder coated.and new screws for the rocker covers.i had bolts on before and i believe theyre supposed to be screws .and i need to change the drivers door catch is not the same as the nearside one so its something else to change up shame really because when i find one il have to have it plated to match the other .might just leave it for the next owner whenever that would be. .ive set the timing with a timing light 14btdc and the car runs shite.pissed about for ages on and off.so i reverted to timing it by ear as ive done before and she now runs mint.tried running her at 10btdc and shite .havnt a clue what thats all about .Image im thinking she has a different cam in which alters the timing not sure .
tazla

Post by tazla »

Eyup .its been a while.thought id have a little tidy up of the underside ,all suspension ,roll bars ,fuel tank off and back on,.ive tidied all front and back suspension .the last thing to do was bleed the brakes and guess what the bloody brake master cylinder is goosed.so ive stripped it down and im waiting a seal kit.tut theres always a catch.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
tazla

Post by tazla »

Oh and sorted the wiring out to the tank as looked crap with masking tape as in the pic.new fittings and heat shrinkin put on .
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

:applaud: She’s looking great , I bet your be enjoying them Cornish / Devon roads this year
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
tazla

Post by tazla »

Thanks jason.its a great place for a blast about until you get stuck behind a tractor haha.il have done 4 years in march.but then im moving back up north .homesick!
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Post by T.M. »

:cool:
tazla

Post by tazla »

Cheers .well the new seals for the brake master cylinder turned up and fitted.shoved back on .and no pedal when bleeding.its not worked! I phoned a mechanic friend and he said you dozy git my cousin refurbs em.so a quick call and he said they bore it out and put an alloy sleeve in and replace everything.so its now on its way up north .ah well
tazla

Post by tazla »

Well its been a while.and ive forgot to update the brake bleeding fiasco..so i took all front suspension ,roll bar etc off cleaned it up ,made new brake pipes .shoved it all back on no brakes.master cylinder refurb still no brakes.so i clamped off side flexi hose still no brakes.clamped nearside ,brakes .so i put it down to bad caliper.but these were new a few years ago.mmmm .so i put new seals in both sides.and still no fecking brakes. I looked at the calipers and the bleed nipples where facing the bottom which i thought was right.but they should be on top!
I had only put the calipers on the wrong sides.new brake pipes as well.what a dick!.swapped em over then new brake pipes boom!i got brakes.what a dozy cnut.haha.so alls well again.lost the pics somehiw nemind. .then i took the headlights out to clean behind them and got a bit carried away so cleaned up all the front end.
Image Image Image Image a bit of a scotch and some chrome paint Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by tazla on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
tazla

Post by tazla »

All back together and job done .so nice and clean underside for a while.probably wait for anothe 4 years of $hit off the roads then do it all again :poke:
A few of the car with a quick t cut and polish
ImageImage Image ImageImage Image Image Image thanks for looking if your looking ha
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Looks as gorgeous as ever, Mel !

Andrew.
tazla

Post by tazla »

Thanks andrew.shes booked in for a few stonechips and a bubble 7 inches up the door .bit of a strange place but il get it sorted.then il be happy