MK3 Windscreen and rubber for sale

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
Lewis22
Car(s): Ford Capri

MK3 Windscreen and rubber for sale

Post by Lewis22 »

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a MK 3 front windscreen for sale! I don’t mind if it is/isn’t tinted but would need an earlier screen (the slightly larger screen) Also I am looking for the rubber to go with the screen (preferably the smaller rubber).

If anyone has got these items or know somebody that has, please let me know!

Kind Regards,
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Re: MK3 Windscreen and rubber for sale

Post by Arnoldhar »

I have a brand new non tinted large screen with triplex logo laminated for an early mk3 still in its rapping
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Arnoldhar wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 pm I have a brand new non tinted large screen with triplex logo laminated for an early mk3 still in its rapping
You kept that quite :lol: happy new year hope your safe and well mate .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Arnoldhar
Car(s): 2.0l mk3

Post by Arnoldhar »

Had it few years as a spare when I got pilkingtons to make it,they were on sheepy then. Hope your all ok, I am hibernating until March I expect, not worth the risk
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Lewis22 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:28 pm Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a MK 3 front windscreen for sale! I don’t mind if it is/isn’t tinted but would need an earlier screen (the slightly larger screen) Also I am looking for the rubber to go with the screen (preferably the smaller rubber).

If anyone has got these items or know somebody that has, please let me know!

Kind Regards,
Lewis, I been thinking on a new screen myself and Jason very kindly did a bit of research too and Motomobil sell both sizes of screens and both sizes of rubbers. Just scroll down the page a bit and you will see them. However being based in Germany the carriage is expensive.

https://www.motomobil.com/en/products?p ... een&artnr=

Jason had a few chats with a nice lady at Pilkingtons before Christmas too and they can still supply either the earlier larger screens or later smaller screens. Not sure if they can supply a rubber too but have been told that the east kent rubber is good for the earlier screens. Pilkingtons even still offer an option of a screen with the tint along the top. Am guessing the screens supplied by Motomobil are indeed Pilkingtons so makes sense to go direct to Pilkingtons however the turnaround time is about 12 weeks due to the covid etc..

Another option is Chris Evans who has a very good reputation on the capri facebook groups. He only does the later smaller screens though so you would have to find a later rubber which are very hard to find here so the fact that Motomobil list the later rubbers this could be another option. His screens are very reasonably priced and are stamped for legal use but of course you might want the Pilkingtons screen which have the reputation as being the best screens to have. Chris Evans actually offers a heated screen too which if some want a modern approach is a great option.

https://www.heatedwindscreen.com/acatal ... 37ABZ.html

Hope this helps

Nick
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Lewis22
Car(s): Ford Capri

Post by Lewis22 »

Hi guys,

Thank you all for kindly replying to my post! Some great information shared which I really appreciate and will certainly look into!

Kind Regards,
Lewis
V6steve
Car(s): 1984 2.8i Capri Special (project)

Post by V6steve »

Does anyone know when they changed to the smaller screens please? Thanks
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Post by T.M. »

Hi,
according to Motomobil change was on 08/1981.

https://www.motomobil.com/en/products?k ... seite_id=1

Tom