Thread regards forums dead now etc..i tried posting but its

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
tck
Car(s): 2.8 Turbo, 2.8 special.

Thread regards forums dead now etc..i tried posting but its

Post by tck »

i think its fair to say that this actual forum is more of a general "chit chat" forum (much like they have a seperate "chit chat general" forum on other web sites...i'd say more than 60% of the posts are "chit chat" and not actual technical questions being asked/answered...now IMHO this shouldn't be chargeable much the same as it isnt chargeable on other forums...IF i want tech info etc on other forums i have to pay...and in most cases its more than a fiver....there is actually a "TECHNICAL" section on this web site that only the web site owner has contributed to.THIS is the section that could be built up with a knowledge base that IMHO should be chargeable (exactly the same as other sites i use).......i know i could write/contribute pages and pages to it (probably bore you though lol)....and i know for certain others could too...BUT i also know Mark would get LESS contributions if this was so!.....furthermore, the For sale/wanted sections are usually only accessable via contribution...but same again,we'd not have many ads on there as peeps will go to ebay first....so i guess its a vicious circle really and at end of the day you cant win!...
standard_Man
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Non - Sta1ker has claimed them all

Regarding JC

Post by standard_Man »

If I went to a pub for ages and never bought a pint I would not be suprised if I found myself barred as I had never made a contribution to the pub !.
You never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Re: Regarding JC

Post by -JC- »

me? huh? what did i do?ImageJC|2 LITRE LASER AUTOMATIC|STRATOS SILVER
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
standard_Man
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Non - Sta1ker has claimed them all

See Andy's post

Post by standard_Man »

And of course i will, so that opions of ex-laser page members can still be heard.

"Just to say my thoughts on the 5 fee for use of the laser page. If I had
been going to a pub for years, enjoying a chat with everyone else in there,
and then one day all of a sudden, half way through sipping a pint the
landlord says "5 to come in here from now on", I think id spit my pint out
and tell him where to go. And that's how I feel about this site.

This site is so popular because it is free and easily accessable to regulars
and passers by alike. I found out tonight that not only does your 5 go
towards running the site, but any left over goes onto Mr. Swetnam's capri!

Most of you have said how happy you are to pay the fee, though im going to
stick my neck on the line and say that I am not! This site would be nothing
without it members, so to just turn around one day, refuse them entry and
demand payment to use a site that they have been using for years to me is a
bit of an insult. This site has ceased to be a public forum, and is now a
club.

I could rant on all day, but I think you get the point. Ill leave with
this... It now costs less to sell an item on ebay then to post it on the
laser page for sale section. That's a farewell to cheap cars and parts for
non laser page club subscribers.

Im sure Mark will never let me use the site again after this, but if this is
the way he choses to treat his genuine forum users, then ill take my Q's and
A's elsewhere.

Rich"
You never Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Not you silly

Post by Major_Tom »

he means rich_jc!

I'm not one to talk though. Someone said something like "major problem" a few threads down and I almost replied to it.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
no2lurch
Car(s): BMW e30 325i Touring

Re: See Andy's post

Post by no2lurch »

maybe, rich can now use the free trial option for 2 weeks. then he can sir his thoughts in the direct manner, rather than through others.

also, i may be wrong, but mark hasn't said the money goes on his car, has he?Image
Please sponsor me in the Wolverhampton Half Marathon on 6th September 2009 and the Leicester Full Marathon on 11th October 2009 at http://www.justgiving.com/neildalby All money goes to SANDS in memory of our angels. Thank you.
-JC-
Car(s): 1986 Ford Capri 2.0 Laser
2004 Mazda RX8

Re: Not you silly

Post by -JC- »

hehe lol, maybe i should change my name!

something mark posted said something about funds possibly being used to aid restoration of his car. might have been in the email actually.ImageJC|2 LITRE LASER AUTOMATIC|STRATOS SILVER
"Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
guitarswet

I'm sorry if I offended anyone but....

Post by guitarswet »

I was just being honest and saying that if there is any money left over from the subscriptions after paying for the site upkeep I would put it towards the restoration fund for my Capri. I appologise to anyone who felt I was rubbing their noses in. Please remember that this is a big web site run on a commercial basis. In other words it costs money to give a service. If you want to be involved then I am asking to to pay a small amount of money for the service I provide. You are under no obligation to pay and can still view the entire content of the site free of charge.

If I do end up making a profit from the subscriptions then that's nobody's concern but mine really. If you costed my time I think you will find we would need thousands of subscriptions to pay for everything. And believe me that ain't going to happen for a very long time.

Thanks once again for listening
Sonic
Car(s): 2.8 efi Special
1.6 LS

Mark

Post by Sonic »

Sorry Mark if our comments have annoying you.

No one in here is mad at you about this. Our main concern is about the life of the forum. Its mainly how the subscription will affect new members. We all thought this place was done for and wide spread panic broke out.

Now you added the trial period it will allow new members to come in still.

If you make extra of the subscription then its yours to keep. Its a profit from your great website and forum that has brought dwindling capri owners together, when cars are running low and prices are going sky high. Any money you make is yours to spend as you wish.

I really wish you would post more often and join in. I cant remember seeing a post from you before. I'd like it if the site owner dropped in more often.

Thanks for the great work!
haydn_gnarlerboy
Car(s): Crap 2.0 laser capri, fully modded and fully falling apart.
3.5 V8 Ford Popular (mainly daily driver)
Don't do the nuts up tight on stuff anymore as it'll only have to be taken off in a week anyways....

I'm not bothered- it's only a fiver after all and most of th

Post by haydn_gnarlerboy »

which was my primary worry...even if they hadnt I doubt I'd bother with another forum- just wouldnt be the same and plus I've got email addresses of most of you guys off here and I know if I needed help that badly I'd just drop a amial....but it's not teh same...

I've been posting on here for about 3 years now so really it's cost me under 2 quid a year for invaluable help and also saved me hundreds due to people helping me out (i'd name you all if hterer wasnt so many) so really who cares! All the regulars are back and lets' face it our mortgages/rent hasnt suffered so it's all good.

The only thing I would say Mark is that a bit of advance warning wouldn't have hurt, I know it doesnt make a real difference but if I was to have a criticism that would be it. I for one had only been away for a day or so and came back not knowing what the hell was going on...

But at the same time who really cares, we're here now, we're (majority of us) happy with things and it's all good...I hope you gain some fiscal reward to thank you for all your years of hard work frankly!Steal not my pictures else thou shalt incur my displeasure.....Haydn Barker