Pressure regulator experience

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
tommyroland
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser and 2.8 Injection

Pressure regulator experience

Post by tommyroland »

The Most Common Problems with Pressure Cookers

What is a pressure cooker?

A pressure cooker is a marvelous invention that humans have created. This is the next generation of how people control heat and fire. It works on the theory of using heat and steam to cook food.

Selected For You: Thekinglive.com

This method has helped people save a lot of time. And it also makes the cooking progress of some special foods much easier. However, using a pressure cooker requires more carefulness as it can be dangerous due to the high pressure contained inside the cooker. According to some news reports, there are many accidents being recorded. They have made many kinds of pressure cookers with release functions which are designed to assure the safety of users. You can check out some of the best reviews to learn more.

The problems and solutions with a pressure cooker

Problem number 1: a damaged gasket

Some people claim that they have had a problem with bad gaskets on their pressure cooker. This problem is not common in a new pressure cooker. After some time using a pressure cooker, you may see this problem. The gasket’s duty is to seal the unit and create enough pressure for the cooker. When it is damaged or wears out over time, your pressure cooker will lose its pressure. You can check out gasket and pressure valves to determine the problem.

Solution: Call the company to find a service provider or replace the gasket yourself. You can easily buy a good gasket according to some top Good product review TheKingLive.

Problem number 2: the steam is leaking

This problem is the result of a dirty or damaged gasket. You can identify this problem when you see your pressure cooker is not able to build up enough pressure. Or sometimes, you have to wait too long for it to get to the required pressure. Also, your pressure cooker cannot keep the pressure long enough. To determine this problem, you can check out the gasket by looking closely and try to identify some noticeable damage. Cracks in the gasket or food residue along it are not what you want to see.

Solution: You can try to clean the gasket when it is dirty. Or you can replace it with a new one after some time of use. You can also choose to call the service team if you can’t do it by yourself.

Problem number 3: food takes too long to cook

Some people say that they have to wait too long to have their food cooked. It is possible that it is taking longer than it should. You may have put in too much food or there is not enough water. Also, if you forget to defrost the food before you put it in the pressure cooker then it could affect how long it takes to cook.

Solution: Look at the cooker lid to see if anything looks wrong there. Then you can examine the food and the amount of water you put into the pressure cooker. If you can’t make the cooker work properly again, then you can call someone to help you out.

For More Information: Top product reviews Thekinglive

Problem number 4: the lid won’t come off

This happens when the internal pressure is too high. When the pressure can’t be released in the form of insufficient pressure, the lid becomes stuck.

Solution: You can call the service team to replace the lid for you.
Last edited by tommyroland on Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: Pressure regulator experience

Post by Peter-S »

tommyroland wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 am Hi, Does anyone here know the supplier of the pressure regulator? I'm having problems with hot start, changing almost everything, before starting on the injectors.
Or have experience with this for advice? Thanks!
You mean the warm up regulator? You can get rebuild kits, fairly straight forward job

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383570487068 ... %3A2334524
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Recon one listed in stock here:
https://www.motomobil.com/en/products/f ... 60518712-2

Or ask Southern Carburettors:
http://www.southerncarbs.co.uk/
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

Do you need any special sealants Peter?
I bought one recently and intend to do the job over the winter. The German seller has yet to write any instructions.

I ask this as I also did a fuel distributor rebuild and for that I had to stick a bit of loctite (555?..) petrol proof sealant round the edge of the gasket. Worked a treat though as it was a seized item which I brought back to life at a reasonable cost.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

ollyw wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:36 pm Do you need any special sealants Peter?
I bought one recently and intend to do the job over the winter. The German seller has yet to write any instructions.
No sealants on this one Olly
ollyw
Car(s): 1984 B Reg 2.8i rebored to 2922cc near concours condition. Restored from near scrap condition.
1983 A Reg 2.8i Caspian Blue over Silver. Ongoing now roadworthy project from scrap condition

Post by ollyw »

Great thankyou!
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

ollyw wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:55 amGreat thankyou!
White man speak with forked tongue!

I forgot Olly, the kit comes with a new diaphragm for the bottom of the unit. I used a general gasket sealant on that as it appeared that the original was probably sealed .