Parcel Shelf Hole Measurements

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Toxcity
Car(s): 2015 Abarth 595 Competizione, 2004 Smart Roadster, 1983 Ford Capri LS 1600

Parcel Shelf Hole Measurements

Post by Toxcity »

Evening all!

I've gone and got myself one of those new fancy CCI parcel shelfs. I've one issue... I've never seen an original shelf in my life and have always had a nasty furry reproduction one (from the 90s?!) and because of this I've got no template to drill holes from.

Does anyone know the measurements for all the holes that need drilling?

Two for the strings, size and location?
And however many are required for the seal/reinforcement bar?

Thanks!
Nic
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: Parcel Shelf Hole Measurements

Post by stevemarl »

Hope this helps, about 9cm from rear (outer) edge length-wise and 2cm from inner edge width-wise. Obviously it`s not really crucial.
As far as the rear rubber goes, I reinforced that and used loads of 3mm bolts to improve rigidity.

Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Geeze man ,your title nearly give me heart failure, I thought you were going to ask where to cut the speaker holes .😁 Aaaah ,wheres my betaloc .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Toxcity
Car(s): 2015 Abarth 595 Competizione, 2004 Smart Roadster, 1983 Ford Capri LS 1600

Post by Toxcity »

Thanks guys! Great help.
Haha nope, no speaker holes thank you... Just trying to get as close to original as possible with what's readily available.

Next I need to find the little plastic things that connect the cords to the shelf. Not even sure if you can still get them
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

TBH, a rubber grommet would do, as long as you put a steel washer on the underside to stop it pulling through. I`m sure there`s something here that could be adapted?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=plastic+gr ... ss-sm_2_16