pics of engine bay clips?

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

pics of engine bay clips?

Post by Supercharged Nat »

Hi all can anyone sort me out with some pics of how the brake pipes clip to the inner wings in the engine bay, on those raised round areas below the servo and expansion tank (2l pinto engine bay)? I can not Denver what the clip looks like and can't find anything in all the parts tubs that might fit there :shock:

And while I'm here, the same question / request for the bonnet release cable clamp/ fixing that holds the outer sheath to the slam panel?

Thanks!
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: pics of engine bay clips?

Post by stevemarl »

Are these any use? There are no further supports after clip in pic 3, the pipe is just secured there and at the point where it passes through inner wing. It`s rigid enough for that distance

As for the bonnet latch, does that mean from undernreath the slam panel? On my way out now but if so I can take grill off for pics later?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

%(As a guide to location, the triangular cut-out just above the clip is the flap that`s bent up to locate the bonnet prop)
THe clip bolt goes through from other side:
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator

Perfect! Thanks so much! Really helpful! :xd:
nigecapri
Car(s): Black 2.0S with supercharged bike carbs.

Post by nigecapri »

Hey up Nat, looks like you're getting the old girl back on form. What news of the pistons and what news of you?
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator

Hey Nige! Shes coming along slowly, engine is now rebuilt (had forged pistons and more head work before being stored). Ive had the head off, skimmed it (to clean the faces only) and getting ready to refit it into the capri. Got along way to go yet though somethings gets added to the list everytime i tick something off :roll:
Im all ok thanks, how have you been? We will have to have a catch up when we can all meet up properly again!