SS Exhaust manifold for 2.8i

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
widjetrevived
Car(s): Capri Mk2 2.0 Ghia (Mr Project)
Capri 2.8i (Mr Rolling Resto)
Alfa 159 sportwagon (Mr Day to Day)
MG TF (Mr Nail Bar)

SS Exhaust manifold for 2.8i

Post by widjetrevived »

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the piper ss manifolds these:
https://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/spec/275/
then renew the rest using powerflow system, there's a local branch near me who comes highly reccomended
was going to renew the exhaust, I'm not sure what's on it at the moment, but it's a bit too loud for my ageing ears I'd just like a nice quiet burble thanks very much :D
any other ideas would be greatly appreciated
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: SS Exhaust manifold for 2.8i

Post by Mc Tool »

A full stainless exhaust has a different resonance to mild steel and they can still sound the business when quietened down to a nice level . I followed a car load of young ins in a mitsi with a big drain pipe and I could hear it droning away from our car ......couldnt hear the doof doof over it 😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
widjetrevived
Car(s): Capri Mk2 2.0 Ghia (Mr Project)
Capri 2.8i (Mr Rolling Resto)
Alfa 159 sportwagon (Mr Day to Day)
MG TF (Mr Nail Bar)

Re: SS Exhaust manifold for 2.8i

Post by widjetrevived »

Mc Tool wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:56 pm A full stainless exhaust has a different resonance to mild steel and they can still sound the business when quietened down to a nice level . I followed a car load of young ins in a mitsi with a big drain pipe and I could hear it droning away from our car ......couldnt hear the doof doof over it 😆
Ha ha always nice to not have to put up with the uncouth youth noise! so stainless is a goer then thanks, just need to find out if anyone rates the piper manifolds, I've never been one to trailblaze - unless I have too :D