Crankcase emission valve 2.8i

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Crankcase emission valve 2.8i

Post by T.M. »

Hi guys,
I changed crankcase emission valve and gasket (old one was no more rubber, it was like plastic :) ) and new emission valve is little bit different.
New one (88WF-6A666-BA (1096487)) has 6 holes on bottom side, but old one (75 TF-AB) no. Thats why I can blow through the new one by mouth, but through old one no.

Is it ok? Do I have the right part?

Thanks for reply

Tom
Attachments
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_4012.jpg
IMG_4019.jpg
IMG_4013.jpg
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Re: Crankcase emission valve 2.8i

Post by Supercharged Nat »

At a guess I'd say it's probably be ok to use, the original item is a one way valve, allowing crank case vapours to be sucked into the inlet and burnt. The new one will still do that (confirm that's how works before installing it), but it will also allow vapours to escape when the engine not running. Don't fit if yours is turbo charged.
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Re: Crankcase emission valve 2.8i

Post by T.M. »

Supercharged Nat wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:42 pm At a guess I'd say it's probably be ok to use, the original item is a one way valve, allowing crank case vapours to be sucked into the inlet and burnt. The new one will still do that (confirm that's how works before installing it), but it will also allow vapours to escape when the engine not running. Don't fit if yours is turbo charged.
Ok, thanks.

Tom