rear wheels fowling arches

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: rear wheels fowling arches.

Post by Major_Tom »

I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: rear wheels fowling arches

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

For comparison, your wheels are 13mm wider than those fitted to a 2.8 injection and there is a further 14mm negative offset. By my calculation, that means they will protrude a total of 27mm further out than the widest wheels fitted to the Capri as standard equipment.
I guess there's a reason why the 7.5" rims were fitted to cars with x-pack kits.
Interestingly, the CCI website suggests that size wheel is only suitable for cars with a wing extension kit fitted.

Andrew.
BSH
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6 Lacquer red

Post by BSH »

Thanks Andrew,
Guess I’ll put them up for sale and obtain correct ones
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

I fear for the sanity of the previous owner who decided to buy wheels that would never safely fit a Capri without major bodywork modifications.Make sure you tell him we all think he has egg on his face. :crying:

Its worth checking with Martin at Caprigear to see what decent 2nd hand wheels he has in stock. Unless its a modified car the standard 13" 4 spoke alloys from the late S & Laser always look the part IMHO.