A bit of fun...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

A bit of fun...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Can anyone guess what part of B112 this is...

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Re: A bit of fun...

Post by stevemarl »

Gearbox mount?
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote: ↑Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:56 pm Gearbox mount?

:lol: :lol: Nice one Steve. Spot on fella πŸ‘πŸ‘

My OCD got the better of me the other day so while B112 is up on ramps i could not resist the urge to finally paint it... In the very non-original Hammered Silver πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Why not Nick, looks really smart that. I would say `the finishing touch` - but I doubt it will be ;)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

stevemarl wrote: ↑Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 pm Why not Nick, looks really smart that. I would say `the finishing touch` - but I doubt it will be ;)
:lol: Thanks Steve. Yep i have a problem with "finishing touches" mate... i got a, whole heap of them on my to do list :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: ↑Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:28 pm
stevemarl wrote: ↑Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 pm Why not Nick, looks really smart that. I would say `the finishing touch` - but I doubt it will be ;)
:lol: Thanks Steve. Yep i have a problem with "finishing touches" mate... i got a, whole heap of them on my to do list :lol: :lol:
Yep ,its an illness most of us learn to control......but .....
alas Nick I think the next step , the ultimate finishing touch .......is an appointment with a psychiatrist πŸ˜†.
It does actually look good tho. I like contrast , adjacent parts need to be different colours. Ie ,one of my pet hates is peeps who completely assemble an engine ....and then spray paint the whole thing ...nuts bolts ,water pump ,brackets ,hell I even seen painted fan belts . Why the muddy duck would one go to the expense and trouble of fitting flash go fast parts and then paint them 🀯🀬🀯🀬🀯
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Question on gearbox mount. Nicks has the round bell shaped thing on it. I was under mine last week fitting a new speedo cable and was thinking the rubber mount looked a bit oily, but mine doesn't have that bell thing on it.
Is that a big deal? Mines on it's third gearbox so is it possible someone left that off in the past?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

You mean the big round `inverted dish` thing in the middle? I think it IS needed as it limits upwards travel for the joint, it will hit the bottom of the rubber. Obviously, most of the time the weight of the `box is pressing downwards but on odd occasions, bumps etc, you dont want it to be jumping up & down TOO far. Caprigear will have 100s.
Noel wrote: ↑Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:22 am s it possible someone left that off in the past?
Almost certainly.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

stevemarl wrote: ↑Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:28 pm Caprigear will have 100s
Yeah, just ring and ask for the bell end :xd:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bug wrote: ↑Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:10 pm
A bit harsh, I've always found Martin to be a thoroughly decent chap....
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

The gearbox mount looks great, Nick.
What could be next on your to do list?

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: ↑Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:32 am
Yep ,its an illness most of us learn to control......but .....
alas Nick I think the next step , the ultimate finishing touch .......is an appointment with a psychiatrist πŸ˜†.
It does actually look good tho. I like contrast , adjacent parts need to be different colours. Ie ,one of my pet hates is peeps who completely assemble an engine ....and then spray paint the whole thing ...nuts bolts ,water pump ,brackets ,hell I even seen painted fan belts . Why the muddy duck would one go to the expense and trouble of fitting flash go fast parts and then paint them 🀯🀬🀯🀬🀯
🀣🀣 Thanks Hamish.

Fella, I tried a psychologist but we did not get past "Hello" before i gave her desk a coating of autoglym super resin polish. It was lucky i had a tub of it in my bag. She was very impressed.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mate I really love contrasting things to highlight them more. Being underneath b112 at the mot a few yrs ago it all looked very black and dark under there. Black fuel tank, leaf springs, exhaust and other bits so i made a, pledge to myself to brighten it all up under there and contrast more thngs. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Since then i got the single leafs fitted which were black so I painted them up in a, lovely Hammerite Hammered Silver finish. In fact i just freshened these up couple of weeks ago and they look great πŸ˜‚

Also the silver fuel tank i had fitted looks great as i got Tickover to paint the tank straps in black to contrast against the Silver tank. Now the straps really stand out.

Painted the sump in a deep Blue πŸ˜‰

But even doing these little jobs at the mot last year as the guy always let's me go down in the pit with him πŸ˜²πŸ˜‚ I was still not hapoy as the Sportex was all black and that gearbox cradle thing was really bothering me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Now with the stainless steel exhaust and this cradle painted uo silver the world seens a much brighter place underneath B112 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Seriously the contrast of silver against the black underseal really works well

Now, the Pinto ( best engine in the world) πŸ˜‚.....

I was really hapoy that when Tickover removed the Pinto to paint it, they fitted new block plugs AFTER painting the block black so the silver plugs stand out πŸ˜‚

I am like you πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I really like to "highlight" new fittings and contrast others. I was all for fitting a nice alloy silver finish rad but after fitting the 45s and now having fitted the stainless exhaust it would have been too much silver for my personal liking so i bought a black finish alloy rad which does not take away from the 45s πŸ˜‚ I now have a spare nos silver alloy rad sitting on the shelf as yes...i bought one of each to see which would look better. Both alloy but it was just down to contrast and looks πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

One of the most obvious contrasts are my grill, door mirrors and light surrounds which of course should all be colour coded as Ford intended but i think they missed a, trick here πŸ˜‚ as the contrasting black really gives an emphasis on these. But this is just my personal taste and i do still love original Mk3s with the colour coded trim, its just not for me.

So Hamish i bet you wished you had not commented on my thread now mate !!! . You are prob just getting into bed now in NZ .... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:54 am The gearbox mount looks great, Nick.
What could be next on your to do list?
Hi Andrew, tbanks mate πŸ‘

Hope you are keeping well. There is always something that needs doing mate but i would have it no other way πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:53 am
Bug wrote: ↑Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:10 pm
A bit harsh, I've always found Martin to be a thoroughly decent chap....
Well I'm hoping Martin still has his sense of humour...................... or has forgotten where I live :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:37 pm Hope you are keeping well.
Yes, thanks Nick. Until about an hour ago anyway.
I hope that you are also well too.

A quick question. I'm sure that in previous photos of your stunning underside (of the car), it was painted lacquer red. Presumably you've now had it painted with underseal?

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Ha Nick , I could have writen that post myself ....its so in line with my take on things auto .
I was sorta thinking of you on the way home from Karatane on Saturday. We went there to look at a boat . The owner gave me a list of all the things he and his father had "restored" and the pix looked good .
I didnt even need to get out of the car ( after driving 300km )to see both him and his Dad were a couple of penis fingered ,red necked ,marinized fornicators . Everything had been tagged ( you could see where they had been ).From the fibreglass "repairs" ....didnt even dress up the furry edges ....just paint over them ....with house paint , wiring harness wrapped in chinese ( it was already unwinding )insulation tape .....and the trailer ...oh the trailer .
Anyhow ,long story short , as we sped away from ground zero we entertained ourselves by describing these two fucktards ,their boat and even his fat bitchy wife ( she wasnt happy with my description of their lovely boat ) ,I sorta slipped into a bit of a trance ,staring straight ahead I said to noone in particular " that pile of shit would take Nick a lifetime to put right " to which Dianne replied " the pommy bus driver? I want his car " (😁 I had been keeping her up to date πŸ˜†). I dont think we spoke again till we got to KFC in south Dunedin .....😳😳😳..there was this ,maybe 18 year old girl right in front of us in the que ...Di elbows me and indicated downwards ....she ( not Di) was wearing what best described as cream coloured fishnet pants ,not stockings or pantihose but pants ....holes big enough to put your fingers thru ( I didnt )....and a black G string ........so yeah ,it was a great trip πŸ˜†πŸ˜.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hey Hamish,

Sorry fella I'm not laughing at the fact tbat you drove 300km to view a pile of shit but your description of the sellers has me in stitches. Dont hold back mate...say it as it is πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and then to mention me on the way home and to be known by your Di as The Pomme Bus Driver I was pissing myself πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Having got my breath back i did feel bleedin cut up for you and Di to have driven all that way to find the sellers had proper mugged you over with their interpretation of the condition of the boat !! I would have loved to have heard what you actually said to them. That's just terrible. They could have saved you the journey if they were honest in the first place. The rotten scoundrels !!!!!! But guessing you had other much more appropriate words for them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And to end the return trip standing in a queue behind a girl in KFC wearing... trying to picture this... "pants big enough to put your fingers through".... fucking hilarious...

You cant write tbis stuff... But you did πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Suppose the only positive of your day was Di has great taste and wants to own a Pinto...she's a "keeper" mate πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mate all joking apart I hope you find a decent boat with a genuine description if it means another long trip. I take it you are looking at a fishing boat ?? or are you going for a cruiser yacht ??

Good luck in your search mate and please keep me "afloat" with how you get on πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:11 pm
A quick question. I'm sure that in previous photos of your stunning underside (of the car), it was painted lacquer red. Presumably you've now had it painted with underseal?
Hi Andrew. Its always been undersealed mate. :)
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Aye Nick , I couldnt believe my eyes ( nah , not the boat ... the pants ) the more I think about her Im starting to feel a bit sorry for her .... just bothers me to see someone so young and vulnerable dressed like that , she was real pretty and sure didnt need to dress like that to get boys to notice her . I dont think Im a prude but I couldnt help wonder if her parents knew what she was wearing .
Anyhow , I wasnt to hard on Cletus and Raylene, I just told him that he was a good photographer as the boat looked real rough compared to his pix . Ha , that wiped the smile off his face . Shame really as the model of boat ( Plylite Blue water ) and the motor ( Evinrude 115hp outboard ) would have suited us but , I could have sorted it but Im really not after another project .
Di and I often go for a day drive and 4-500 k's is not unusual . We like to go places we have not been before , have a fish or check out local history , and we ticked a few boxes ( I swear I didnt touch her ) that day as we hadnt been to Karitane before , we saw baby swans ... goslings also not done before and got told by the police we were acting suspiciously ( done that before ). We were driving towards Karitane when Di spied the swans so we stopped , leaning out the drivers window , so I went up the road 50m and did a U turn in a taped off drive way and went back down the road so the swans were on Di's side and this bloody cop comes puffing up to my window and asks what we were doing ...... "lookin at the swans mate " which apparently was suspicious and could we please leave immediately. Turns out all the tape in the driveway was police incident tape and there had been an attempted murder there the previous day.
Im going to Cromwell on Thurs to look at another boat , this ones fresh water use only and one owner from new so a much better bet . We are after something about 5-6m , just for close in shore fishing and a bit of diving for Paua and Crayfish .