Just got done speeding...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Re: Just got done speeding...

Post by Noel »

On the plus side, nice to see a working sunroof in use.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

on a serious note I have realised this week that my speedo reads under by about 6mph at 30mph, so I need to sort that otherwise I could be getting into trouble like this too. Need to get a GPS or something to see how out it is at an indicated 70.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Noel wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm on a serious note I have realised this week that my speedo reads under by about 6mph at 30mph, so I need to sort that .
Mine did that when I first had the car, I found it had an incorrect speedo drive gear. Unsurprisingly, the speedo was much more accurate once I put the correct part in.

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Noel wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm on a serious note I have realised this week that my speedo reads under by about 6mph at 30mph, so I need to sort that otherwise I could be getting into trouble like this too. Need to get a GPS or something to see how out it is at an indicated 70.
You can get an "off-line " gps speedo app for your phone ,with " run in background " or " heads up disp " options ....,something to play with while driving ๐Ÿ˜†.
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Noel wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm on a serious note I have realised this week that my speedo reads under by about 6mph at 30mph, so I need to sort that otherwise I could be getting into trouble like this too. Need to get a GPS or something to see how out it is at an indicated 70.
Mines the reverse Noel. My speedo over reads so at 70mph the tom tom has me at about 65mph so if I abide by the speedo im safe :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 pm You can get an "off-line " gps speedo app for your phone ,with " run in background " or " heads up disp " options ....,something to play with while driving ๐Ÿ˜†.
Thanks for keeping us up to "speed" Hamish :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Went to Christchurch and back in one hit ,1256kms , to pick up an immaculate lee enfield #4mk1* .303.
Woohoo what a drive , Mckenzie country flat straight roads , my car is doing 3100rpm at 165km/hr. I tucked in behind some groups of motorcyclists who were traveling at the speed I used to. Strung out about 100m apart ,I tailed them till we hit the hills ,stayed on their arse untill we came up behind 4 cars and a stock truck ,they slid past ( on double yellow lines ) but I wasnt game as the Blade is a bit wider than a motorbike.
Made it from Chch to Invercargill ( via inland route thru Tekapo , Wanaka ect ) in 8hrs 15 mins ....including a ยพhr stop in Tekapo for lunch .and fuel in Frankton ....a good 675 kms . What a blast .
Pix of the rifle if you want ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:15 am Pix of the rifle if you want ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
This will be a great photo SHOOT Hamish :lol: :lol:

Wow that was some trip mate. Wouldn't it have veen easier to DHL it instead :shock: :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Nah , couriers are all anal about carrying guns ,PC and all that shit . Normally if Im sending a gun I make a cheap plywood box (so it doesn't look like a gun) and print a label (a4) "vintage steering and suspension reconditioning" and tell the willy hunts its a steering rack for a model T ( they dont have steering racks ). But I would have to get my Uncle to pick it up and ruck afound ....and he's nearly 80 .....to big an ask .
https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/ ... 3-a-76014/
Here is the link advertising it
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Hey Hamish. Thanks for the photo mate. Am not gonna pretend to know my rifles but what i can say is it looks a lovely bit of kit. Amazing detail and design. Am guessing being timber it has quite a bit of weight to it. Nice one mate. From what the other 'gun people' said it sounds like a really sought after and respected rifle. ๐Ÿ‘

Funny story how you pretend guns are steering racks :lol: :lol: but just how much gun trade do you deal with Hamish :shock: :lol: :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , well I got another funny story .....I got done speeding this arvo , 115 in a 100k zone ...80 bucks ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜†
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

If anybody does get caught breaking the law by an automated camera, it might pay to ask for photographic evidence before paying up. :lol:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/16 ... ra-mishap/

Andrew.