Car Adverts - Strictly Non PC!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Car Adverts - Strictly Non PC!

Post by pbar »

Looking through old car magazines, and seeing some of the adverts makes you instantly realise their kind will never be seen again. A few nice examples below. Love the Dodge one (He lets me pick the stereo tapes and clean the vinyl buckets!)

Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Car Adverts - Strictly Non PC!

Post by Major_Tom »

:xd: Great find
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Thanks Tom. When you see stuff like this it makes you realise that, back then if someone didn't like something they just let it roll past them and ignored it. But now there seems to be an organisation to complain about everything!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

pbar wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:33 am Thanks Tom. When you see stuff like this it makes you realise that, back then if someone didn't like something they just let it roll past them and ignored it. But now there seems to be an organisation to complain about everything!
I also note that these groups only emerge in a country already tolerant to the views being expressed... otherwise they would be suppressed. Funny that.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Love it , you always had the sexy ladies on the cars at the motor show in the 70s & 80s no wonder my dad would make me go up and get the stickers of the nice lady :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Got to be honest I'd rather have that Dodge Charger than the bird posing in front of it :whistle:

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

I'm sure that first lady is Anne Aston, she of the golden shot fame, luurrrvvvllllyyyyyy ;)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Lord Flasheart wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:07 am I'm sure that first lady is Anne Aston, she of the golden shot fame, luurrrvvvllllyyyyyy ;)
I can't remember much about the goldon shot, but thanks to Google I can confirm it is her :D

Women looked so much better back then, no silicone or lip filler and they knew how to smile :cheers:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Mr B wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:27 pm Got to be honest I'd rather have that Dodge Charger than the bird

Fabulous cars aren't they. There was one at a car show/rally I went to at the weekend, seen it a few times atually. The sound it makes as it drives past, the way it looks, everything about it, just great.
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:17 am
Lord Flasheart wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:07 am I'm sure that first lady is Anne Aston, she of the golden shot fame, luurrrvvvllllyyyyyy ;)
I can't remember much about the goldon shot, but thanks to Google I can confirm it is her :D

Cool, interesting fact guys! :cool:
pbar

Post by pbar »

She did Chopper adverts too.

andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:40 pm

:woot: She didn't come with any of the ones I bought :? Pity :helpinghand:
pbar

Post by pbar »

Hehe, I was thinking of you when I posted that Andy :)

Errmm, that might read wrong but you know what I mean!
andyd

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:25 pm Hehe, I was thinking of you when I posted that Andy :)

:wave:
I miss mine after selling several years ago, but after downsizing home they would have had to go anyway :roll:
pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Errmm, that might read wrong but you know what I mean!
:headscratch: :lol:
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Hubba Hubba ;) ........ All woman is Anne ..... Nice find Sir ;)
pbar

Post by pbar »

Lord Flasheart wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 pm Hubba Hubba ;) ........ All woman is Anne ..... Nice find Sir ;)

Thanks :) And you're dead right, Hubba Hubba indeed. Models back then really knew what appeal they had and how to use it. Goodness knows what woman are thinking of now with their plastered on make up and over inflated lips.
STEVEW
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.3S
Project

Post by STEVEW »

pbar wrote,
Goodness knows what woman are thinking of now with their plastered on make up and over inflated lips.
Doing adverts for body repair shops? :roll:
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:31 pm
Lord Flasheart wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:37 pm Hubba Hubba ;) ........ All woman is Anne ..... Nice find Sir ;)

Thanks :) And you're dead right, Hubba Hubba indeed. Models back then really knew what appeal they had and how to use it. Goodness knows what woman are thinking of now with their plastered on make up and over inflated lips.
Talking of how women look now especially female singers, I was watching a Blondie video last night, the video was for their song Union City Blue which is a class song, but there was Debbie Harry doing the video wearing a plain old orange boiler suit and yet still looking a thousand times sexier than all of today's nearly naked singers put together and she could sing too!

Wayne
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mr B wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:55 am
pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Talking of how women look now especially female singers, I was watching a Blondie video last night, the video was for their song Union City Blue which is a class song, but there was Debbie Harry doing the video wearing a plain old orange boiler suit and yet still looking a thousand times sexier than all of today's nearly naked singers put together and she could sing too!

Wayne
Some women don't have to try only the talentless fakes :poke:
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

pbar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:37 am
Mr B wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:27 pm Got to be honest I'd rather have that Dodge Charger than the bird

Fabulous cars aren't they. There was one at a car show/rally I went to at the weekend, seen it a few times atually. The sound it makes as it drives past, the way it looks, everything about it, just great.
They sure are, guess I'm slightly biased though as I grew watching The Duke's of Hazzard which I loved as a kid and I still do, then of course we have Bullitt and not forgetting that sexy 'Charger from Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - Shame about the end of the film though :crying:

Wayne