Look like we are on our own...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Look like we are on our own...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Re: Look like we are on our own...

Post by Mr B »

Nick,

England has always been on it's own - we just never realised/accepted it, the amount of shitty comments I've seen the last few days saying we are cheaters etc. is unbelievable especially when those comments come from Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, South America people - countries that literally invented cheating in football, it makes my blood boil and don't even get me started on Maradona who, even after blatantly cheating, is regarded as a legend, I can't think of another sport that actively encourages cheating like football which is supposed to be the beautiful game....
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Come on Italy !! :lol: :lol:

Andrew.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Well it won't be on here, not interested at all!

Overpaid boys kicking a bag of wind around, and taking the knee has to stop, keep politics out of sport :doh:

A majority of the fans are knuckle dragging morons too (I mean who takes a laser to a football match, boos another countries national anthem and climb all over a bus :wank: )

If you do care I hope you have a nice evening :cheers:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:52 am A majority of the fans are knuckle dragging morons too
Although I agree with your sentiments about the sport, my view is that these people are:
a) Not true fans.
b) In the minority (hopefully).

I can't imagine that any true fan of football would enjoy seeing disgraceful scenes (like the national anthem booing) plastered all over the media.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:52 am
andyd wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:52 am A majority of the fans are knuckle dragging morons too
Although I agree with your sentiments about the sport, my view is that these people are:
a) Not true fans.
b) In the minority (hopefully).

I can't imagine that any true fan of football would enjoy seeing disgraceful scenes (like the national anthem booing) plastered all over the media.

Andrew.
:agree: True fans wouldn't dream of it, but it's the late teens and those in their 20s that seem the worst especially after a couple of shandys.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

I'm not a betting man but I am tempted to put a tenner on Italy to win so if we lose it will soften the blow.
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

andyd wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:52 am Well it won't be on here, not interested at all!

Overpaid boys kicking a bag of wind around, and taking the knee has to stop, keep politics out of sport :doh:

A majority of the fans are knuckle dragging morons too (I mean who takes a laser to a football match, boos another countries national anthem and climb all over a bus :wank: )

If you do care I hope you have a nice evening :cheers:
:agree: 100%
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

TBH the more the media whip up the crazy hysteria about this game ("the next 30 minutes could change the rest of your life": really?) the less I care. It`s changed from a game (which I loved by the way) into this hysterical media maelstrom. It`s become completely out of proportion, life & death to an awful lot of people (Woman threw a sicky, boss spotted her on TV, sacked her. So jobless now, but `would do the same again.` Madness!) The tribal thing always scares me too. I really dread them losing. I certainly wouldn`t want to be in a city centre (other than Rome) if that happens. I wouldn`t be the owner of an Italian restaurant either! Shit - I`d better hide the Fiat - you never know!
Good luck to any sane supporters though!
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Football.

Legsphere.

Circlekick.

Orb Fight.

Sac Smack.

Bladder Blast.

Toe Throw.

Kick Pass.

Goal Gain 3d.

Foot Tapper.

Safety Cube Boot Bang.

ShoeBounce.

Human Snooker.

RollKicker.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Paul G wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:49 am I'm not a betting man but I am tempted to put a tenner on Italy to win so if we lose it will soften the blow.
Peter Cooke used to do that :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:42 am TBH the more the media whip up the crazy hysteria about this game ("the next 30 minutes could change the rest of your life": really?) the less I care. It`s changed from a game (which I loved by the way) into this hysterical media maelstrom. It`s become completely out of proportion, life & death to an awful lot of people (Woman threw a sicky, boss spotted her on TV, sacked her. So jobless now, but `would do the same again.` Madness!) The tribal thing always scares me too. I really dread them losing. I certainly wouldn`t want to be in a city centre (other than Rome) if that happens. I wouldn`t be the owner of an Italian restaurant either! Shit - I`d better hide the Fiat - you never know!
Good luck to any sane supporters though!
Never supported any team, but when I was a alot younger I would watch the occasional game on T/V.

Obviously the players then were older than myself so you could understand why people admired them a little, but the entitled whippersnappers now I couldn't possibly look up to them :roll:

Over the years i've had plenty of 'sickies' due to too much beer the day before, but I wouldn't have put it on social media :banghead: Not alot of common sense nowadays :?

Can't believe some employers and schools are considering flexible hours for Monday :shock: It doesn't teach people to be responsible does it :headscratch:

Our 2 day local car show for this weekend was cancelled but the football and wimbledon can go ahead, work that one out :roll: :roll:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I don’t get it ? Is it something to do with pizza ? :roll:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Maybe ,but its hard to pass up a nice wee bit o lamb 😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh