Opie Oils

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Bug
Car(s): Some

Opie Oils

Post by Bug »

Hi all, not sure if anyone uses this company, but I can strongly recommend them.
Really know their stuff and always happy to advise on oils, filters etc.
I've been using them for my Z4s and their service is excellent.
For example, they mistakenly sent me 2x 5 litre bottles of oil when I'd ordered 3.
I rang them at lunchtime and the third bottle was on my doorstep the next morning at 0700.
They always have good deals going on and once they have your email they will update you with all their offers.
https://www.opieoils.co.uk/
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Opie Oils

Post by andyd »

I've spoken to them on many occasions and this week in fact. Don't think they are the cheapest around, but with service like that maybe worth paying a little extra :cool:
Vermilion
Car(s): Ford Capri MK1 Facelift 3000GT - Now 2.8 Turbo EFI

Post by Vermilion »

Bug wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:46 am Hi all, not sure if anyone uses this company, but I can strongly recommend them.
For example, they mistakenly sent me 2x 5 litre bottles of oil when I'd ordered 3.
I rang them at lunchtime and the third bottle was on my doorstep the next morning at 0700.
They always have good deals going on and once they have your email they will update you with all their offers.
What brand oil they put to your Capri, what viscosity and how much ZZDPP?
Bug

Post by Bug »

Vermilion wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:35 am
Bug wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:46 am Hi all, not sure if anyone uses this company, but I can strongly recommend them.
You'd need to call them and ask.
As stated, I now run Z4s and no longer have Capris........................long story involving my late wife and our joint love of Capris.
Bug

Post by Bug »

andyd wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 am I've spoken to them on many occasions and this week in fact. Don't think they are the cheapest around, but with service like that maybe worth paying a little extra :cool:
Agreed they're not the cheapest. But I tend to keep an eye on their flash sales and buy in bulk then.
I like the fact they are always there to talk to and give you a wide choice of suitable oils, without any hard sell on a pet brand.
Vermilion
Car(s): Ford Capri MK1 Facelift 3000GT - Now 2.8 Turbo EFI

Post by Vermilion »

Bug wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:46 am
Vermilion wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:35 am
You'd need to call them and ask.
As stated, I now run Z4s and no longer have Capris........................long story involving my late wife and our joint love of Capris.
Oh, i understood wrong.... I don't think they deliver oil to Finland to my door! Or atleast price isn't reasonble.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

They are not mega cheap, but they offer a good value-add service and I use them as a source of Valvoline VR1 which delivers straight to your doorstep.
Sell spark plugs and other service parts too.
andyd

Post by andyd »

I bought 10 litres of oil from a ebay seller, supposed to be delivered yesterday with DHL, turns out it was picked up yesterday still not here and tracking number isn't working :roll: I was told to assume lost or damaged (won't be the first time), if not here by Monday they will resend the items and they weren't too complimentary of many of the delivery companies :poke:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I agree.
I've used Opie loads of times and their service cannot be faulted.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

andyd wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:23 pm I bought 10 litres of oil from a ebay seller, supposed to be delivered yesterday with DHL, turns out it was picked up yesterday still not here and tracking number isn't working :roll: I was told to assume lost or damaged (won't be the first time), if not here by Monday they will resend the items and they weren't too complimentary of many of the delivery companies :poke:
The order arrived yesterday (better late than never?!) after the seller had boxed and labelled replacement items ! Managed to cancel before despatched.