You have been warned

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: You have been warned

Post by andyd »

D366Y wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:09 pm
mjcapri wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:26 am I’m no leftie (as many of you are aware!) but Tom and Hamish both make valid points. I’ve no idea where we’re heading as a society, are the clowns in charge simply incompetent beyond belief or do they actually know exactly what they’re doing? Who knows, but either way the future doesn’t look particularly bright!
Major_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm And I doubt if we can change now, as the economy depends on the sale of taxable disposable shit we don't need, it will collapse if changed and huge civil unrest abd deaths will occur. Leave it alone, well, it can't expand forever, it collapses, with the same results as above.

In short, enjoy the last days and make merry, because down here on pleb street, we are totally fucked.
I have come to realise more and more that the system is totally fucked - mainly since I bought my house and realise what a total farce government is.

A legend says it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF20p7s6Zj8
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 pm
D366Y wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:16 pm Maybe communism or Marxism is a happy middle ground Tom?
I think democracy and capitalism are pretty good really - we enjoy freedoms here (fast disappearing I fear) that you don't get in a lot of other parts of the world. But just like any other system of government, its being totally abused.

Imagine if everybody in Britain refused to pay their council tax, or paid a reduced rate, citing the reasons we just have. The abuse of the system would basically stop over night. They couldnt fine us all, they couldnt put us all in prison, they'd have to listen and enact change. All we have to do is basically nothing, but we don't unite.
Generally I agree - I loved the capitalism when it worked for me as a kid and I didn't have to worry about it - now I'm approaching 30 and realising that the system sucks.

I fear that even if we all did nothing or everyone in the country stopped paying council tax they would still not realise the problem or change it in any way. The line would be "we need the council tax to make your lives better" but we all know the councils throughout the country are utterly useless and arguably are horrendously overstaffed.

I have a colleague who's sister works in the local council - apparently whenever she wants anything approved it has to be approved by 5/6 different people, each one getting paid more than the last, which begs the question why not just cut out the 4 people in the middle and save money rather than needlessly employing an army of people who all do a shit job anyway because they know they won't be monitored and will never get fired as there is no-one checking to see how inefficient it is
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:54 pm
A legend says it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF20p7s6Zj8
Lemmy 😍 RIP 🖤
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Lemmy 😍 RIP 🖤
:cheers:

I wonder if Greta listens to Motorhead 8-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHB0vPkS_Xo
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

I met Lemmy once at the old Marquee club. Very amusing and humble bloke.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:14 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Lemmy 😍 RIP 🖤
:cheers:

I wonder if Greta listens to Motorhead 8-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHB0vPkS_Xo
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Ha ha, that's funny Wayne!
It's amazing that Greta looks like a 10 year old child, when she's actually 18!

Andrew.
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm
In short, enjoy the last days and make merry, because down here on pleb street, we are totally fucked.
Here is a local parish council to ease your worries Tom!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7mB-P2_M4

Arguments like these from these random OAPs who have nothing better to do apart from being on your local Parish Council decide your local policy :lol:
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

D366Y wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:49 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm
Here is a local parish council to ease your worries Tom!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7mB-P2_M4

Arguments like these from these random OAPs who have nothing better to do apart from being on your local Parish Council decide your local policy :lol:
🤣 that is gold dust, nothing so hilarious as a sensible debate reduced to adults shouting at each other. I used to work for local goverment, like you said earlier, the money wasted on the paper train, going through beaurocrats who feel important is ridiculous. Planning Department were the funniest, they are paid a fraction of what they'd get in the private sector, but they are hanging on for their pension.... just another 20 years to go! Man they were bitter, trying to avoid customer's calls etc. I took great pleasure in tracking them down and making them feel inferior to the customer (which all public servants are of course, hence the name). I got in loads of shit for it, but used to quote the council's own customer service guidelines whenever I was reprimanded, so there was nothing they could do. Using the monster's own trickery against it.... ahhh small but sweet victories.