You have been warned

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

You have been warned

Post by Mr B »

IMG-20210130-WA0017.jpg
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: You have been warned

Post by Major_Tom »

Driveways? Doorbells? What is this futuristic world of which you speak?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Then it would seem the right time to let the dogs out :cool:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:14 am Then it would seem the right time to let the dogs out :cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

:applaud: :applaud: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Thing is though, she looks like that BEFORE you view her through a spy hole. :xd:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I feel sorry for that deluded kid ,world infamous today but when the world gets sick of her ( or a better lookin girl turns up .....dogs butt and a razor come to mind ) .....stirring shit at an early age can fuck you for life ....I wouldnt give her a job
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Bug wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:19 pm Thing is though, she looks like that BEFORE you view her through a spy hole. :xd:
:lol:
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Thing is though, she's not in the wrong is she. Think about what's going on at the moment with the virus.

We're all being told to stay home and obey because it costs lives, literally "bending the rules costs lives", one billboard says. The NHS can't cope. Plenty of beds with the Nightingales, but no staff. No staff because no money. No money because companies like Google, Apple, Amazon and a bunch if others pay no UK tax. Successive governments havent stepped in to stop it because £££... just like some MPs think nothing of funnelling money into tax havens. This directly costs hundreds, maybe thousands of lives a week, yet the cunts get away with it.

If you tried that, you'd be vilified and jailed. The best part it they are trying yo blame us for these deaths when we need to see a mate because we cant cope anymore.

I have nothing against wealth and money, but this society is sick and you're the ones who will suffer and be punished. The fuckers making the rules don't abude by them, everyone's on the take. Got enough money? Use this loophole to legally steal to the detriment of NHS and police. Don't have enough and try the same thing? Prison for you, you selfish sociopath.

That's why Greta, yeah she's annoying to a lot of people, but she's right to point out that the current system is now broken.

And I doubt if we can change now, as the economy depends on the sale of taxable disposable shit we don't need, it will collapse if changed and huge civil unrest abd deaths will occur. Leave it alone, well, it can't expand forever, it collapses, with the same results as above.

In short, enjoy the last days and make merry, because down here on pleb street, we are totally fucked.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I get the feeling that she is only saying what she is told to say , she might have started out as some over opinionated kid with a mind of her own but as soon as she garnered a bit of a following she will be influenced and exploited by some bunch (s) of earth huggers .
In a nutshell , I dont need to be told how to save the planet by some #uckin kid. As soon as she finds a ( furry ,sandal wearing ) girlfriend she'll forget about the earth , maybe grow all there own vegies to have with their bar b qued fake chops and sausages😆 oooow have to watch out reaching to the back of the barbie least she set fire to her armpit hair 😀😀
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

I’m no leftie (as many of you are aware!) but Tom and Hamish both make valid points. I’ve no idea where we’re heading as a society, are the clowns in charge simply incompetent beyond belief or do they actually know exactly what they’re doing? Who knows, but either way the future doesn’t look particularly bright!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread made me laugh guys. It has everything :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

mjcapri wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:26 am I’m no leftie (as many of you are aware!) but Tom and Hamish both make valid points. I’ve no idea where we’re heading as a society, are the clowns in charge simply incompetent beyond belief or do they actually know exactly what they’re doing? Who knows, but either way the future doesn’t look particularly bright!
I often wonder about that. I mean... wealth and ownership and status wont mean much to these guys if there's no society left to show off to. So are they completely insane, or in denial, or is there some contrived plan designed to take us to the brink of collapse, just for at the last minute, some wonder technology or something to emerge in the nick of time? History tells us any of those things are possible!
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

As an aside, I think right and left, blue and red etc is all theatre. I see that all as a cynical way to get us to argue and divide, like all the "ists" and "obes" these days. Its just to convince us we are different when we actually probably arent that different at all. When we were born, before our heads were filled up with these concepts, we were just all people that thought things.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:14 pm When we were born, before our heads were filled up with these concepts, we were just all people that thought things.
Ahh Jason makes more sense now... Thanks Tom :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:23 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:14 pm When we were born, before our heads were filled up with these concepts, we were just all people that thought things.
Ahh Jason makes more sense now... Thanks Tom :lol:
Lollington!
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

mjcapri wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:26 am I’m no leftie (as many of you are aware!) but Tom and Hamish both make valid points. I’ve no idea where we’re heading as a society, are the clowns in charge simply incompetent beyond belief or do they actually know exactly what they’re doing? Who knows, but either way the future doesn’t look particularly bright!
Major_Tom wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm And I doubt if we can change now, as the economy depends on the sale of taxable disposable shit we don't need, it will collapse if changed and huge civil unrest abd deaths will occur. Leave it alone, well, it can't expand forever, it collapses, with the same results as above.

In short, enjoy the last days and make merry, because down here on pleb street, we are totally fucked.
I have come to realise more and more that the system is totally fucked - mainly since I bought my house and realise what a total farce government is.

One of my biggest gripes (and a good example for Tom) is Council Tax. Currently for my tiny little one bed house I have to pay £1250 a year for the privilege of living in a house. Not only do the council do jack shit in my local area (beside collecting the bins once a week), they don't grit the roads, don't clean the streets, there is no street lighting near me etc. etc. and now they have the audacity to increase it from April to £1520 a year with no difference in their shit service.

Doing the maths, if they keep this increase over the next three years, then in 2022 it will increase to £1848 and then £2081 the year after. Not only is that whole system completely unsustainable because my wages certainly won't be increasing at the same rate (equivalent to a 10k pay rise in two years for the same job) unless I change job etc. it also represents the shittest value for money of any service literally ever.
Part of what irks me so much about it is that they tell me they are increasing the contribution towards the local fire and police departments in the area. Yet within the last 12months they have shut both the police and fire station down.

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that government doesn't work and anarchy is the only option.
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

D366Y wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:09 pm
I have come to realise more and more that the system is totally fucked - mainly since I bought my house and realise what a total farce government is.

One of my biggest gripes (and a good example for Tom) is Council Tax. Currently for my tiny little one bed house I have to pay £1250 a year for the privilege of living in a house. Not only do the council do jack shit in my local area (beside collecting the bins once a week), they don't grit the roads, don't clean the streets, there is no street lighting near me etc. etc. and now they have the audacity to increase it from April to £1520 a year with no difference in their shit service.

Doing the maths, if they keep this increase over the next three years, then in 2022 it will increase to £1848 and then £2081 the year after. Not only is that whole system completely unsustainable because my wages certainly won't be increasing at the same rate (equivalent to a 10k pay rise in two years for the same job) unless I change job etc. it also represents the shittest value for money of any service literally ever.
Part of what irks me so much about it is that they tell me they are increasing the contribution towards the local fire and police departments in the area. Yet within the last 12months they have shut both the police and fire station down.
Where does it all go?! It must just be being sucked into the black hole created by the higher-ups I mentioned above, tax havens etc.
I am quickly coming to the conclusion that government doesn't work and anarchy is the only option.
I think a society like that would quickly fall apart unfortunately, unless it was very small, like pre-Roman Britain pagan village sized. As my criminal mate is fond of saying "the only problem with that is there's always somebody like me waiting to come and kick over your anthill."

Look at what happened with the CHAZ - all the hippies and anarchists thought "yeah! Utopia! Stick it to the man!" but then they found out that there's another group of people that dont like rules or police. They're called criminals :?
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:21 pm
I think a society like that would quickly fall apart unfortunately, unless it was very small, like pre-Roman Britain pagan village sized. As my criminal mate is fond of saying "the only problem with that is there's always somebody like me waiting to come and kick over your anthill."

Look at what happened with the CHAZ - all the hippies and anarchists thought "yeah! Utopia! Stick it to the man!" but then they found out that there's another group of people that dont like rules or police. They're called criminals :?
Unfortunately I fear the same.
I wouldn't mind it if you could air your grievance with the offending party but as that is a faceless body it is impossible.

It's also no longer a representative system.
If your local area voted to leave the EU during that whole debacle then your MP should also be voting to leave in the commons, but the vast majority didn't vote for what their constituents wanted when it came to it and they voted for what they wanted, which goes completely against the purpose of having a local MP.

Regardless of your opinion on that matter, if your area voted either way, as the local MP representing those people it is your constitutional obligation to carry out their wishes regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Maybe communism or Marxism is a happy middle ground Tom?
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

D366Y wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:16 pm Maybe communism or Marxism is a happy middle ground Tom?
Every system can and has been misused and abused.

I think democracy and capitalism are pretty good really - we enjoy freedoms here (fast disappearing I fear) that you don't get in a lot of other parts of the world. But just like any other system of government, its being totally abused. There is no concept of "enough", the capitalist idea itself banks on the people all squabbling and fighting and convincing themselves that they are bettering themselves by making somebody else rich, that they always need more. The folks partially responsible for crippling the NHS are getting away with murder basically, and we let them, because we are so caught up we don't unite and just stop buying.

Imagine if everybody in Britain refused to pay their council tax, or paid a reduced rate, citing the reasons we just have. The abuse of the system would basically stop over night. They couldnt fine us all, they couldnt put us all in prison, they'd have to listen and enact change. All we have to do is basically nothing, but we don't unite.