Poor Driving.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Poor Driving.

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's that time of year when there's not much to do on these long winter nights except amuse ourselves by watching YouTube videos of spectacularly poor driving. Here's my little contribution, both captured today. The first one was a close call - it makes you wonder what on earth some people are thinking. :?

Andrew.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Poor Driving.

Post by Major_Tom »

Lorry driver puts his brakes on immediately after seeing what's going on 👍 good old boy
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

No offence Andrew but I don't like watching these :roll:

I know how bad drivers are everytime I go out, and it's not always boy racers etc :shock:

:cheers:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 am No offence Andrew but I don't like watching these :roll:

He's talking to himself again!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Noel
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8i
Range Rover
M140i

Post by Noel »

Can't for the life of me work out what that megane in the first one was trying to do, unless they'd overtaken that other car and were giving them an extremely wide berth.
Similar thing happened to me in town centre Monday night approaching junction with a car going straight across (on its own) towards me just wandered into my side of road. I had to practically stop. Maybe faffing with a phone of something. Made no sense as there was nothing that they were overtaking or avoiding
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 am No offence Andrew but I don't like watching these :roll:

I know how bad drivers are everytime I go out, and it's not always boy racers etc :shock:

How’s this mate !
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

The high way code seems to have gone out the window , just madness on the U.K. roads saying that I drove in Egypt many moons ago in Cario Jesus that is a nightmare , we had gone out to pick up my mother in law who had been found sleeping in this funny shaped building :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:16 pm The high way code seems to have gone out the window , just madness on the U.K. roads saying that I drove in Egypt many moons ago in Cario Jesus that is a nightmare , we had gone out to pick up my mother in law who had been found sleeping in this funny shaped building :lol:
We went to Cairo many moons ago also but were in a coach. I did remark at the time that I was glad to be a passenger because it looked total chaos with no rules. We went to the Antiquities museum so possibly saw your mother in law :lol:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

Peter-S wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:27 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:16 pm The high way code seems to have gone out the window , just madness on the U.K. roads saying that I drove in Egypt many moons ago in Cario Jesus that is a nightmare , we had gone out to pick up my mother in law who had been found sleeping in this funny shaped building :lol:
We went to Cairo many moons ago also but were in a coach. I did remark at the time that I was glad to be a passenger because it looked total chaos with no rules. We went to the Antiquities museum so possibly saw your mother in law :lol:
The museum is amazing with the death mask of Tutankhamen , my mum and dad have friends out there so we had a private friend drive us around it is mad also they use there Horns for everything out there . What amazed me is how close my mother in laws first house is to the City . Well worth a visit . :cool:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:08 pm

How’s this mate !
:shock: I won't ask where you found that JM
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:37 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:08 pm

How’s this mate !
:shock: I won't ask where you found that JM
:lol: :lol: Pinto Nick you tube channel :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:59 am Lorry driver puts his brakes on immediately after seeing what's going on 👍 good old boy
Yes, he was aware of the what was going on around him.
A little later the driver pulled over into a layby to let me pass, which was nice.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

That's a pity as I have plenty of footage ! :D

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Noel wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:54 am Can't for the life of me work out what that megane in the first one was trying to do, unless they'd overtaken that other car and were giving them an extremely wide berth.
It looks like that might have been the case from the video, but I could see in my mirror that the driver continued to drive on the wrong side of solid white lines until they went out of my sight. Thank goodness nobody was coming the other way! I was lucky as the road was only just wide enough when I encountered them. That wouldn't have been the case if I'd been a second or two further back......

It sounds as though you had a lucky escape with your encounter too. It's shocking how many people don't seem to pay any attention at all to what they are doing when in the car.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Peter-S wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:27 pm . I did remark at the time that I was glad to be a passenger because it looked total chaos with no rules.
I thought the same when I went to Lisbon and saw how the Portuguese drove. It seemed to work though because all the drivers used indicators, so at least you knew what the madmen were about to do. Driving in the UK is much more unpredictable !

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:16 pm The high way code seems to have gone out the window , just madness on the U.K.
Yep, can't argue with that !

Andrew.