Prices are dropping of late I've noticed.

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Prices are dropping of late I've noticed.

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

I think the capri bubble is ffnally bursting a little bit. I saw ACA Auctions last week and Silverstone cars were well off estimates. I have noticed this across all sites. It's definitely worth keeping an eye on ACA and the like if you are in the market, all the traders use them and then you see the same car minutes later with huge mark ups. Case in point.

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic ... capri-30s/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353270865758

I have seen KGF do exactly the same. Amazing thing is he still sells stuff. The mark up is astranomical. I always watch cars go through the block then watch them turn up. I get overheads and risk etc but 6k almost on a 20k car - a car that is neither correct or great when you see the engine bay etc.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Re: Prices are dropping of late I've noticed.

Post by Caprigear »

What really baffles me is who is shelling out that kind of money on cars like this, Wrong interior completely, obviously been given a quick blow over and tart up.
Exhaust system looks a total lash up, Engine bay looks total shite and that's after only having glanced for a few seconds.
You have to admire the brass balls of these sellers, having the nerve to put on these prices, but occasionally they get a bite so in the end who is the bigger mug?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Yes, but that's a very rare "Frod" Capri ! :lol:

Andrew.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:18 pm
Yes, but that's a very rare "Frod" Capri ! :lol:

Andrew.
Good spot :lol:

If you really want a laugh about prices, check out mk3 Granadas :lol: most are ok but some are totally ludicrous and have come from the mind of the mentally deranged.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Oh I found something even funnier:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-240-To ... 3789043639

I must admit I have a soft spot for Volvos of that era (had both, 340 was my first car.. wierd but I still wish I had it... Captain Picard puts it better than I can in the first few seconds of this clip:https://youtu.be/LWHTRJ8wNaE

But anyway... its a 125,000 mile 240, not even a desirable model or engine. £8000 :lol:
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Caprigear wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm What really baffles me is who is shelling out that kind of money on cars like this, Wrong interior completely, obviously been given a quick blow over and tart up.
Exhaust system looks a total lash up, Engine bay looks total shite and that's after only having glanced for a few seconds.
You have to admire the brass balls of these sellers, having the nerve to put on these prices, but occasionally they get a bite so in the end who is the bigger mug?
Its not even an "S" ..... Boot light & hole in the body up above the off side rear lights for the plunger that is missing .... just saying :beer:
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

The pocket watches at Silverstone auction were not cheap :lol: .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

The spare wheel is off a Nissan Cherry of early 80's vintage.
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Paul G wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:02 am The spare wheel is off a Nissan Cherry of early 80's vintage.
and you can see that because the board and carpet that should cover it is missing
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr