Tickover Day Picked up B112

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Tickover Day Picked up B112

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Hi all,

Well I got the call today from Gus at Tickover to say B112 was ready to collect. Jason very kindly was sitting waiting for me at Dartford St to drop me over to them. Always great to see Jason and was brilliant he was about today. Thanks Jason :)

So anyway we went over to Tickover and there sat B112. After a good chat with Gus he finally said "go on have a look under the bonnet" :lol:

With Jason beside me up popped the bonnet and then.... WOW !!!!! BLEEDIN HELL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just amazing what they had done. Gus did most of it this time and he ran us through what he had done. Just stunning work and it's the attention to detail you get from them is just brilliant. I had a picture in my head of how I thought it would look but tbh this is even better than what I was hoping for. Just looks so right and proper !!!

So the modified head fitted with the Kent fr32 and Weber 45s idles very nicely indeed. Yep Gus did warn from cold and after not been run it would prob be a bit lumpy till warmed up but he found after only a min or two on choke he had it pushed in and idle was settling down well. So I fired it up and yep true to his word was idling pretty well indeed and much better than I tnought tbh.

Really impressed with the little attention to details. Gus actually made up a bracket to keep the throttle cables in a, really tidy loop without it being too tight. Looks superb. Before My OCD was worrying me of how the throttle cable would look but have to say he nailed this!!! He also fitted a little hose clamp/clip to hold the choke cable securely away from the cam pulley, again works a treat. So really pleased with everything and the drive home was bleecin great. Looked down at the clock at one point while coasting along and was doing just under 80 mph. Now before I knew I was doing 80 but today it did not feel it at all and had shit loads more to give too but for the speed cameras every two miles !!! Just a different car to drive and just sooooo much bleedin fun. The sound of those 45s is just stunning not to me mention the ease at how they seem to perform and just want to give more and more!! Especially driving through the Dartford Tunnel! WOW!! Best money I spent in a long time :lol:

I will admit its a different type of drive now especially at the lower end around streets and junction. Just need to be less shy with the throttle now when pulling away but having said this still has a very good drive ability at low end. Just a tad more throttle than previously and all seems good but yep will take a bit of getting used to but Jesus it's gonna be fun.

And then there's the brakes. Wow!! The Hi Specs 283mm plain vented are a stunning bit of kit. Coupled with the 2.8 servo Martin supplied me and fitted with a large bore master cylinder the brakes have been totally transformed. Gus strongly recommended the EBC std road pads rather than the greenstuff and boy everything works together so well. The pedal is totally different a very fiirm high pedal compared to before and when I put my foot down there's a proper confidence in them to stop and boy do they stop!!!! Money deffo worth spending and highly recommend them.

So very very happy indeed. One thing is for sure now B112 has an attitude I have not seen before and its a bleedin great one that I just love!!! Just need to pay more attention to the fuel gauge now :lol:

Heres a few pics....

Imagehow to breed betta fish in two minutes

Imagepic sharing

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Re: Tickover Day Picked up B112

Post by Jasonmarie »

Mate what a journey B112 has been on and she really looks amazing was great to catch up today and be there when you opened the bonnet .
Think the video I will post up will make people laugh .
Also just need that brass plaque now in the Engine Bay “ The Pinto Engine Best In The World “ :lol:

When you pulled up the road towards the Dartford crossing what a great sound and she really looked the part .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Doesn't look too shabby does it Nick. I think it needs a blue dizzy cap to finish it off though :lol:
It does look impressive and I hope it all lives up to expectations, I'm sure it will. I look forward to giving it the once over at Deal :D Bet you wish summer was here already so you could get out in it properly :drive:
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

[/quote]
Jasonmarie wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:58 pm Mate what a journey B112 has been on and she really looks amazing was great to catch up today and be there when you opened the bonnet .
Think the video I will post up will make people laugh .
Also just need that brass plaque now in the Engine Bay “ The Pinto Engine Best In The World “ :lol:

When you pulled up the road towards the Dartford crossing what a great sound and she really looked the part .
:lol: :lol: Love this video mate. No words really needed, just us laughing :applaud: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again Jason for yesterday, really appreciated the company and thanks for your kind words mate. :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Peter-S wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:11 am Doesn't look too shabby does it Nick. I think it needs a blue dizzy cap to finish it off though :lol:
It does look impressive and I hope it all lives up to expectations, I'm sure it will. I look forward to giving it the once over at Deal :D Bet you wish summer was here already so you could get out in it properly :drive:
Thanks Peter, yep Blue dizzy cap on standby fella :lol:

Thanks mate, yep certainly exceeded my expectations on first impressions :lol: so if it does continue too I will be a very happy fellow ! Yes Siree roll on summer, but tbh honest cant wait that long mate :wave: :lol:

Now Deal, wonder what time the rain is due, cause we know it will...sometime...maybe...but most likely....I think....I hope not... :shock: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Nick,
What's new? I cant see any difference from how it was before it went to Tickover…. :lol:
Just kidding! My word that looks superb, as ever, Tickover have performed amazing work.
From what you say, it sounds like B112 drives as good as it looks.

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , that looks pretty good . Some peeps go overboard ( in my opinion ) with braided hoses and poncy hose clips ect , that looks good to me because everything non standard is there for a reason ( carbs ,exhaust ect) and the rest is well presented stock looking stuff. Good skills Nick
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Caprifan Rob
Car(s): 2.8injection special

Post by Caprifan Rob »

Stunning job Nick :applaud: . A fitting engine for a very worthy Capri. You own the total package there mate. Hope to see it in all its glory this year, enjoy :cheers:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:46 pm Hi Nick,
What's new? I cant see any difference from how it was before it went to Tickover…. :lol:
Just kidding! My word that looks superb, as ever, Tickover have performed amazing work.
From what you say, it sounds like B112 drives as good as it looks.
Thanks Andrew :)

Still getting used to it mate :lol: but very nice indeed. The brakes have really blown me away though mate. The difference the Hi Specs make to mine is just amazing. Totally different brakes and a great upgrade. Just got total confidence in them now. Look nice in Black too sitting behind the 4-spokes :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 pm Yeah , that looks pretty good . Some peeps go overboard ( in my opinion ) with braided hoses and poncy hose clips ect , that looks good to me because everything non standard is there for a reason ( carbs ,exhaust ect) and the rest is well presented stock looking stuff. Good skills Nick
Thanks very much Hamish. I had a plan so well happy with the results. I did however have to get rid of the rad expansion tank as did not like it squashed in beside the washer bottle as it looked too cluttered but the hose clipped down the side of rad works just fine.

Yep happy that it still looks like a Pinto mate :lol:. Got a Burton/Harris style custom made rocker cover on order but this will be in low key colours black / silver so should fit in well, however I really like the std refurbished one I had fitted. Got a tough decision coming up soon :lol:

Anyhow Thanks again mate. Really appreciate your kind words.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Caprifan Rob wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:59 pm Stunning job Nick :applaud: . A fitting engine for a very worthy Capri. You own the total package there mate. Hope to see it in all its glory this year, enjoy :cheers:
Hey Rob, Thanks very much fella. Am getting there mate but great to get this work done before the show season gets in full swing. Will give me time to get used to it !! :lol:

Yes Rob it would be great if we can meet up at some stage this year. Top man :)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Stunning job Nick. It would be interesting to see what it produces on a rolling road.
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Post by Not_Anumber »

That looks excellent. A great set of upgrades to make an already excellent car even better.
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

Looks good Nick
As I said in a different post..With You, Stish and Capri Racer all going to town I won't have anybody to park next to in 2020. :(

With all the mods you will have to drive it like you stole it.
Wideboy
Car(s): 1978 3.0 Ghia made to look like an "S"

Post by Wideboy »

Paul G wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:19 am Stunning job Nick. It would be interesting to see what it produces on a rolling road.
Hi Paul
Its scary sticking your classic pride and joy on a Rolling Rd and watching somebody rev the living sh*t out of it just for a figure on a printout.
Interesting but scary :D Thinking MMmmmm I don't usually rev it that hard. :o
I can understand Its different if its abit more of a modern lump like a Zetec or ST170 and its for setting up the maps etc.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I dont know if you have flash harry rods/bolts or pistons . Cam spec 2000 rpm to 7000 rpm . 7 grand is getting out there for stock rods. Be good to know if it still pulling well at 7 grand or starting to flatten off a bit . Any how ,why not take it to the rolling road and tell the guy opperating it that you dont want to go over say 6 grand . I would say this would be over peak torque ,or damn close. This would show you the useful torque curve, it may well tell you there is no point in revving it to 7 grand, and it will give you a figure to a) put on your build sheet :geek: and b) and with a bit of maths you could calculate/ guess bhp . You could get some usefull info without " revving the shit out of it "
But ,on tother hand :roll: :P , if your happy with it and it performs as you expected ,you might be better off not knowing. :D
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Paul G wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:19 am Stunning job Nick. It would be interesting to see what it produces on a rolling road.
Thanks very much Paul. Much appreciated mate :)

Paul, tbh I'm not too fussed about rolling road for the power data, especially if you pay the money and come away with a figure that disappoints !!! :lol: As long as it puts a smile on my face each time this is better than any data sheet, but I do agree when modifications are done its interesting to see how much of a difference it has made. Maybe at some stage I will Paul.....
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Not_Anumber wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:59 am That looks excellent. A great set of upgrades to make an already excellent car even better.
Thanks very much mate. Very kind of you to say. :)
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:36 pm Looks good Nick
Thanks Jeff :)
Wideboy wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:36 pm As I said in a different post..With You, Stish and Capri Racer all going to town I won't have anybody to park next to in 2020. :(

With all the mods you will have to drive it like you stole it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What are you like !!! Mate your stunning 3.0 would put a smile on anyone lucky enough to be parked up with you. I love your motor fella and cant wait to meet up again ! Now, regards to driving mine like I stole it... I have discovered that I do have a right foot :drive: :wave: :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Wideboy wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:46 pm Its scary sticking your classic pride and joy on a Rolling Rd and watching somebody rev the living sh*t out of it just for a figure on a printout.
Mc Tool wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:35 pm if your happy with it and it performs as you expected ,you might be better off not knowing. :D

:agree: :lol: :lol: