New Car Programme on TV Soon

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Re: New Car Programme on TV Soon

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

There is another lockdown special programme on Quest callec World's best cars where a handful of TV car celebs choose thier best cars for certain categories. It's okay but predictable, or the first episode was last night. As I say its to give work to those tv car celebs that are restricted as to what they can do during lock down. Drew Prick hard is on it. To me he is just someone with cash that allows him an interest in cars.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:58 pm There is another lockdown special programme on Quest callec World's best cars where a handful of TV car celebs choose thier best cars for certain categories. It's okay but predictable, or the first episode was last night. As I say its to give work to those tv car celebs that are restricted as to what they can do during lock down. Drew Prick hard is on it. To me he is just someone with cash that allows him an interest in cars.
I have recorded this as a back up when “ get me out the jungle “ is on but I have heard it’s being recorded in Wales so our Andrew Or Rob could be on it ? :roll: :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:58 pm There is another lockdown special programme on Quest callec World's best cars where a handful of TV car celebs choose thier best cars for certain categories. It's okay but predictable, or the first episode was last night. As I say its to give work to those tv car celebs that are restricted as to what they can do during lock down. Drew Prick hard is on it. To me he is just someone with cash that allows him an interest in cars.
I mentioned that programme on this thread a couple of weeks ago. I will watch it later when repeated, but as you say when certain people are in it it's the same old, same old :?

Bangers&Cash is something a little different which is why it's a favorite for many :cool:
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

andyd wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:12 am
I mentioned that programme on this thread a couple of weeks ago. I will watch it later when repeated, but as you say when certain people are in it it's the same old, same old :?

Bangers&Cash is something a little different which is why it's a favorite for many :cool:
Ah right sorry I don't pick up on that. Amazing isn't it when these celebs can't necessarily work, they dream something up to keep going. Yep totally agree that Bangers & Cash is a good programme. I know Brewer gets a lot off flack on here and other sites but he is in my opinion on the few occasions that I've seen him, listened to him and met him a genuine person in to cars, this has allowed him to make money from a passion where as some of them have money that's allowed them ti be interested in cars. Aka Chris Evans and Drew Prick hard. No time ffor them. Also WD in my opinion has Brough Classics to where the game is at now so hats off to WD. I'm pleased they are returning to the UK. Elvis comes across well and the spin off show with him in is good. Brewer just plays a character because that's the way the programme is set and nobody can criticise him and say it hasn't worked
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:13 pm World’s Greatest Cars, November 12th on Quest.
I watched a few minutes of an episode while channel hopping.
I thought it was alright for what it was, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch a full episode though.

It's good to have a selection of car programmes on the TV, at least there's different shows to cater for differing tastes in cars.
That's progress, back in the day it was Top Gear or nothing !

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:16 am
andyd wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:13 pm World’s Greatest Cars, November 12th on Quest.
I thought it was alright for what it was, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch a full episode though.

:agree: Although not too much competition on a Saturday evening :roll:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:41 am :agree: Although not too much competition on a Saturday evening :roll:
Supermarket Sweep? :lol:

You're right though, there's not a lot of decent things to watch on Saturday night these days.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:01 am
andyd wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:41 am :agree: Although not too much competition on a Saturday evening :roll:
Supermarket Sweep? :lol:

Andrew.
:o

On the odd occasion there is something worth watching that's not a car related repeat, I usually find someone annoying that's on it :roll:

Give me a good war film anytime, and tea, biscuits, cake or chocolate :D
andyd

Post by andyd »

Bangers & Cash Dec 3rd at 8pm, there are some Capris featured in this episode :cool:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:16 am Bangers & Cash Dec 3rd at 8pm, there are some Capris featured in this episode :cool:
Thanks for the heads up!

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Supercar Mega build 🤮 :wank:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd

Post by andyd »

For those interested, a new series of Salvage Hunters Classic Cars starts on Quest January 6th at 9pm https://www.carsceneinternational.com/u ... 021-01-06/
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Nice one sir ;)
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:05 pm For those interested, a new series of Salvage Hunters Classic Cars starts on Quest January 6th at 9pm https://www.carsceneinternational.com/u ... 021-01-06/
I can’t stand that Drew but will record this , good find as there’s been sod all on over xmas . I would have thought with every poor sod stuck in doors the BBC would have done better with Xmas day viewing not bloody morcombe & wise xmas special :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:19 pm I would have thought with every poor sod stuck in doors the BBC would have done better with Xmas day viewing
To be fair, there's nothing decent on any channel. What a terrible time for TV viewing.

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:48 pm
Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:19 pm I would have thought with every poor sod stuck in doors the BBC would have done better with Xmas day viewing
To be fair, there's nothing decent on any channel. What a terrible time for TV viewing.

Andrew.
:agree: About time they put something different on over Xmas, rather than the usual crap that always gets aired :roll:

I'm not staying awake to 10pm watch Drew, but no doubt catch it on a weekend repeat.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 am I'm not staying awake to 10pm watch Drew, but no doubt catch it on a weekend repeat.
Same here.
The show is OK, but as previously noted, one particular presenter has the ability to rub viewers up the wrong way......

Andrew.
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:48 pm To be fair, there's nothing decent on any channel. What a terrible time for TV viewing.
Oh I don`t know, as I write there`s `Doctor Pimple Popper` on Really, where you can see people having their abscesses drained...
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:38 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:48 pm To be fair, there's nothing decent on any channel. What a terrible time for TV viewing.
Oh I don`t know, as I write there`s `Doctor Pimple Popper` on Really, where you can see people having their abscesses drained...
If the Mrs didn't pay the TV licence we wouldn't have one as I wouldn't pay it that's for sure! We don't all drink alcohol so can't numb the experience, just eat too many chocolates instead :cheers:

It seems they have deliberately put extra crap on this year, same old same old :? Films etc that have been on for the last month or so and looking forward repeated again over the next week :roll:

Not very festive, but as per usual plenty of WW2 material on, but where is The Great Escape :headscratch: Dambusters on again today and as the past few times no doubt the old dogs name will be edited out again!
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

andyd wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:05 pm For those interested, a new series of Salvage Hunters Classic Cars starts on Quest January 6th at 9pm https://www.carsceneinternational.com/u ... 021-01-06/
Nice one Andy. Thanks for this heads up mate :)

I will set the Tivo to tape this. Yep Drew is a bit of a plank but still enjoy the show. Didn't he throw a pair of headrests on the floor when they were doing the Capri has they were not fishnets.... fucking idiot !!! :lol:
andyd wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 am
I'm not staying awake to 10pm watch Drew, but no doubt catch it on a weekend repeat.
That explains why Devon is so quiet at night... everyone goes to bed at 10pm with a cup of hot chocolate and a copy of Whizzer and Chips :shock: :lol: :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...