Who Remembers?

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Who Remembers?

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 am
:lol: If you read the comments on these videos, a large amount are positive and hate the now PC Brigade.
Makes you wonder how many are actually offended :? I think it's a small amount, unfortunatly they are given the benefit of doubt and we all suffer change :roll:
I think all that will implode one day... hopefully those folks will become an ever decreasing minority of people, eventually arguing amongst themselves whilst the majority of people carry on laughing and poking fun at each other. Sticks and stones innit. A rarely repeated phrase these days sadly.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:17 pm
andyd wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 am
:lol: If you read the comments on these videos, a large amount are positive and hate the now PC Brigade.
Makes you wonder how many are actually offended :? I think it's a small amount, unfortunatly they are given the benefit of doubt and we all suffer change :roll:
I think all that will implode one day... hopefully those folks will become an ever decreasing minority of people, eventually arguing amongst themselves whilst the majority of people carry on laughing and poking fun at each other. Sticks and stones innit. A rarely repeated phrase these days sadly.
Hope so old bean :cheers:

If I was offended by something I wouldn't know who to complain to anyway :? I find it better to have a comeback line to hostile comments or even to mates just having a laugh :cool:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Funny we mentioned Dick Emery recently, I watched this last night on Talking Pictures channel :D https://www.britishclassiccomedy.co.uk/ ... n-offering
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:54 am Funny we mentioned Dick Emery recently, I watched this last night on Talking Pictures channel :D https://www.britishclassiccomedy.co.uk/ ... n-offering
Ooh You Are Awful :lol:

Classic
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
andyd

Post by andyd »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:46 am

Ooh You Are Awful :lol:

Classic

:cheers:

:lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgaRchery0Y
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

I spotted that too, isn't it just great. So much fun.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Mc Tool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:33 am The Headboys
https://youtu.be/0SEAZLFvPyg
The main track on that is brilliant. Loved it at the time but not big over here. Bought the tape last year. Came from Oz!
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Roller mania!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/ ... 3-may-1975

Not cool to admit liking them at the time but they were everywhere as I first started listening to my own radio instead of the crap my Mum put on and I liked their stuff. It was fun and bouncy and still is really so I was sad to hear that Les Mckeown has died. His version of the Rollers did a local gig about 3 years ago and me and the wife went for a bit of nostalgia. Not the best attended show although the crowd were enthusiastic and Les put on a darned good show. R.I.P.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

The bay city rollers , now theres something I didnt need reminded of . At intermediate school ( age 11 & 12 ) all the girls ( and NONE of the boys ) were mental over Woody, Alan ,Eric and Derick ,as they chanted their names and swooned all over the place ...........and they were such faggots 🤢
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

RIP Les. I personally wasn't a fan but my sister was 12 at the time and was mad on them with pictures all over her bedroom. Still, it's sad to hear of all these famous and not so famous people who have breathed their last breath this year.
andyd

Post by andyd »

I liked some of the songs at the time and had a book or two, but then again I liked alot of bands with guitars and drums :)

Funny, I was only watching a Youtube video about them last week and realised Alan had died in 2018.

RIP Les, 65 is no age I'm sure the true fans around the world are devastated :(
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , there have been a few lately ,shame , but I spose we are at an age (58)where our heros ,who would start at about 10 years older than us ,are starting to crap out one way or another. Probly a lot of liver failures if they didnt OD first . I have been waiting to hear Keith Richards has wafted off ,I mean he's looked dead for about 30 years but he's still trotting out the music 🎼 . Shame too that some who have passed did so at the hands of others , Kurt Cobain , Amy Winehouse to name a couple . Yeah , we have lost some good famous people lately. Sad .
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

andyd wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:13 am I liked some of the songs at the time and had a book or two, but then again I liked alot of bands with guitars and drums :)

Funny, I was only watching a Youtube video about them last week and realised Alan had died in 2018.

But are there any true fans left now , I mean they were a fad , not a true entity ,I would think that most peeps who did remember them would rather forget what arses they made of themselves over them :poke: :poke: 😉
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mc Tool wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:22 am
andyd wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:13 am I liked some of the songs at the time and had a book or two, but then again I liked alot of bands with guitars and drums :)

But are there any true fans left now , I mean they were a fad , not a true entity ,I would think that most peeps who did remember them would rather forget what arses they made of themselves over them :poke: :poke: 😉
True, many of there fans will be well over 50 now.

What you said about Keith Richards, amazing how he is still here along with many more from that era Ozzy for example.

Lemmy and Rick Parfitt also lived to good ages considering their lifestyles :) Hendrix, Cobain, Bonn Scott, John Bonham, Keith Moon just unlucky maybe?
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

Post by stevemarl »

Mc Tool wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:15 am some who have passed did so at the hands of others , Kurt Cobain , Amy Winehouse to name a couple .
I thought they just O.D`d? Unless you know something we don`t ;) ;)

I notice not one of you mentioned the passing of Biggie and Tupac, I find that very strange. :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Huh , I forgotten some of them . Hard to say , I guess there is only so much a body will take and while some of these guys may have reformed a bit the ole misspent youth must catch up eventually. I spose when some rock star guy carks it we all leap to the ( fairly safe ) conclusion that their body burnt out early due to substance abuse ( to much of a good time ). Beats me how they kept it up , I mean a 2 day party has always been enough fun for me and I never felt the urge to drive a Rolls into a swimming pool, well not untill I saw someone else do it....and Id probly have to settle for a large toyota😆
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:21 am
Mc Tool wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:15 am some who have passed did so at the hands of others , Kurt Cobain , Amy Winehouse to name a couple .
I thought they just O.D`d? Unless you know something we don`t ;) ;)

I notice not one of you mentioned the passing of Biggie and Tupac, I find that very strange. :lol:
Of course Cobain shot himself, I forgot that when I posted my comment :?

He would have been the same age as me and born a day before!

As for Biggles and other :headscratch: :headscratch:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

andyd wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:16 am
A more worthy mention maybe would be Jim Steinman passing this week - wrote some great stuff (imho anyway).
andyd

Post by andyd »

Peter-S wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:38 am
andyd wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:16 am
A more worthy mention maybe would be Jim Steinman passing this week
:shock:

I didn't know that!