Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post details here of any car related shows, meetings, gatherings etc that you want to share with other users.
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

https://www.facebook.com/PageantofTransport/

I received this email reply today;
"Good Evening Andy,

We hope that you are well. Our apologies for not reply sooner as we were taking a brake over Christmas from organising the event.

That is great to hear that you are interested in attending our event, the tickets have not gone on sale yet but will do in the next couple of weeks. We ask that driver purchase their own ticket individually but if you want to attend as part of a club let us know the club name and how many are coming and which day and we will allocate space accordingly.

If you have Facebook, if you follow our page on there all of the latest updates will be posted on there.

If you have any more questions then please let us know.

Kind Regards
Pageant of transport team"

Add your name here if interested and maybe we can have a stand of some sort.
Last edited by andyd on Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14773
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:22 pm Add your name here if interested and maybe we can have a stand of some sort.
Might it be a good idea to communicate with the South West Capri Club as they are sure to be going? Last year they had a corner of a field all on their own (see cover photo).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/180773116124121/

Andrew.
Image
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:22 pm
andyd wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:22 pm Add your name here if interested and maybe we can have a stand of some sort.
Might it be a good idea to communicate with the South West Capri Club as they are sure to be going? Last year they had a corner of a field all on their own (see cover photo).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/180773116124121/

Andrew.
I'm no longer a member of that club but if anyone on here is maybe they can enqiure?
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

I know a few XR owners are hoping to attend :)
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14773
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:29 am I know a few XR owners are hoping to attend :)
Sounds good!
I know with this show that if you want to park together, you must arrive together.
It's a good show if the weather is good and there's plenty for non-enthusiast companions to do if they tag along.

Andrew.
Image
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:30 pm
andyd wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:29 am I know a few XR owners are hoping to attend :)
Sounds good!
I know with this show that if you want to park together, you must arrive together.
It's a good show if the weather is good and there's plenty for non-enthusiast companions to do if they tag along.

Andrew.
We shall book as a club and convoy up :lowrider:

W-S-M used to be my local seaside, but not been there for 20 years at least.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14773
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:19 pm We shall book as a club and convoy up :lowrider:

WSM used to be my local seaside, but not been there for 20 years at least.
I spoke to Mark, he is organising something. They usually meet at the local McDonalds then convoy in. I can find out what time if you like to join them?

Andrew.
Image
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:22 pm
andyd wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:19 pm We shall book as a club and convoy up :lowrider:

WSM used to be my local seaside, but not been there for 20 years at least.
I spoke to Mark, he is organising something. They usually meet at the local McDonalds then convoy in. I can find out what time if you like to join them?

Andrew.
I assumed he would be. Probably best if we go straight to seafront that way if any problems no one is waiting around :cool:

Looking :ford: to it, lets hope it's dry at least!
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

We have 6 XR members so far attending on Sunday 31st :cool:

You can pay on the day or book in advance. All details in link in first post.
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Update from organiser;
This week we have had advice from the council regarding the beach lawns. They were used recently for an event for vehicle parking and in turn some vehicle struggled to get off the lawn and needed towing which has caused considerable damage to the lawns surface. This is down to the considerable amounts of rain that weston has experienced recently.
Because of this the locals council is taking action to protect the lawns and based on their recommendations we have decided to cancel the pageant of transport for Easter. This is not only a huge disappointment for us as the organisers but for everyone who is a part of the event. This decision has not been taken lightly but is in the best interest of everybody involved to not only protect the lawns but also to everyone attends vehicles.
Due to this we are currently exploring other options. We have been offered another weekend to hold the event which is the 25th and 26th May which is the late May Bank Holiday weekend.
We are currently seeing whether this is feasible for us to run the pageant of transport for this weekend or cancel it for next year.
To anybody that has pre purchased their tickets for the event, the tickets will be transferable to the dates in may. We are in contact with ticketebo about the transfer of the tickets to next year if need or refunds.
We are welcoming comments from people who have brought tickets on what they would prefer. Either attending or the late May Bank Holiday. Canceling and honouring everyone's tickets for next year or having refunds. Please bear with uals and any enquiries will be responded to in time.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes as we now how much event means to everyone.
Thank you for your continued support.
Pageant of transport team
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14773
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:42 am we have decided to cancel the pageant of transport for Easter.
That's a disappointment.
Thanks for the heads up.

Andrew.
Image
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9146
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:42 am Update from organiser;
This week we have had advice from the council regarding the beach lawns. They were used recently for an event for vehicle parking and in turn some vehicle struggled to get off the lawn and needed towing which has caused considerable damage to the lawns surface. This is down to the considerable amounts of rain that weston has experienced recently.
Because of this the locals council is taking action to protect the lawns and based on their recommendations we have decided to cancel the pageant of transport for Easter. This is not only a huge disappointment for us as the organisers but for everyone who is a part of the event. This decision has not been taken lightly but is in the best interest of everybody involved to not only protect the lawns but also to everyone attends vehicles.
Due to this we are currently exploring other options. We have been offered another weekend to hold the event which is the 25th and 26th May which is the late May Bank Holiday weekend.
We are currently seeing whether this is feasible for us to run the pageant of transport for this weekend or cancel it for next year.
To anybody that has pre purchased their tickets for the event, the tickets will be transferable to the dates in may. We are in contact with ticketebo about the transfer of the tickets to next year if need or refunds.
We are welcoming comments from people who have brought tickets on what they would prefer. Either attending or the late May Bank Holiday. Canceling and honouring everyone's tickets for next year or having refunds. Please bear with uals and any enquiries will be responded to in time.
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes as we now how much event means to everyone.
Thank you for your continued support.
Pageant of transport team
Pardon me, but how does the location being "used recently" relate to the 30 and 31st of next month?

Some vehicles went there last week and got bogged down and had to be recovered due to rain.... and that magically means the same location will be damaged 60 odd days later so it's cancelled? 🤔

Wish my weather forecast on the radio was that good. Seems like total BS.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:52 pm

Pardon me, but how does the location being "used recently" relate to the 30 and 31st of next month?

Some vehicles went there last week and got bogged down and had to be recovered due to rain.... and that magically means the same location will be damaged 60 odd days later so it's cancelled? 🤔

Wish my weather forecast on the radio was that good. Seems like total BS.
:agree: MT!
4 weeks away yet, it all smells a bit fishy :?

Some councils have gone green and now have an issue with the ICE, so that might be something to do with it :roll:
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9146
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:54 am
Major_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:52 pm

Pardon me, but how does the location being "used recently" relate to the 30 and 31st of next month?

Some vehicles went there last week and got bogged down and had to be recovered due to rain.... and that magically means the same location will be damaged 60 odd days later so it's cancelled? 🤔

Wish my weather forecast on the radio was that good. Seems like total BS.
:agree: MT!
4 weeks away yet, it all smells a bit fishy :?

Some councils have gone green and now have an issue with the ICE, so that might be something to do with it :roll:
7 weeks away isn't it? Yonks away.

Ah yes "green"... the buy new, support global trade and polluting industries like China green. Such a crock.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, April 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:01 am
andyd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:54 am
Major_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:52 pm

Pardon me, but how does the location being "used recently" relate to the 30 and 31st of next month?

Some vehicles went there last week and got bogged down and had to be recovered due to rain.... and that magically means the same location will be damaged 60 odd days later so it's cancelled? 🤔

Wish my weather forecast on the radio was that good. Seems like total BS.
:agree: MT!
4 weeks away yet, it all smells a bit fishy :?

Some councils have gone green and now have an issue with the ICE, so that might be something to do with it :roll:
7 weeks away isn't it? Yonks away.

Ah yes "green"... the buy new, support global trade and polluting industries like China green. Such a crock.
Sorry, just realised I put April :doh: It was Easter weekend end of March.
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9146
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

Whenever I see Weston Super Mare written down, I always get Rik Mayall's voice from Bottom in my head saying it in whichever episode it was... "...Weston Syooper Mare!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
andyd
Posts: 8308
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am
Car(s): 1981 XR3
Location: Devon

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:59 pm Whenever I see Weston Super Mare written down, I always get Rik Mayall's voice from Bottom in my head saying it in whichever episode it was... "...Weston Syooper Mare!
:D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOajo9qYoM8

Did you know that guitarist Ritchie Blackmore was born in WSM?
User avatar
Major_Tom
Posts: 9146
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 am
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Major_Tom »

andyd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:40 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:59 pm Whenever I see Weston Super Mare written down, I always get Rik Mayall's voice from Bottom in my head saying it in whichever episode it was... "...Weston Syooper Mare!
:D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOajo9qYoM8

Did you know that guitarist Ritchie Blackmore was born in WSM?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And nein mein oberfuhrer I did not.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
User avatar
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Posts: 14773
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)
Location: Ceredigion
Contact:

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:40 pm Did you know that guitarist Ritchie Blackmore was born in WSM?
As was John Cleese.

Andrew.
Image
User avatar
pbar
Posts: 7533
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.
Location: North-West

Re: Weston super Mare Pageant of Transport, March 30/31st 2024

Post by pbar »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:59 pm Whenever I see Weston Super Mare written down, I always get Rik Mayall's voice from Bottom in my head saying it in whichever episode it was... "...Weston Syooper Mare!
Such a funny series :D
Post Reply