My Car in ClassicFord Magazine

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

My Car in ClassicFord Magazine

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Evening all.

My car featured in this month's Classic Ford Magazine. I am not showing off -well maybe a little, or being conceited, I just thought some may like to see it and read it's story.

I bought it 13 years ago and last year saw me at two shows on a shakedown. The restoration has been immense. I am all about the stories behind cars so that was my motivation, to save a bit of history - Capri History - and to pay homage to the first owners enthusiasm that allowed this car to exist.

There is a lot more of a story behind the car then the words in the feature would allow.

Ade Brennan took the photographs, he tried to do so on several occasions but it absolutely hammered down. The last occasion it did rain an Ade turned around , however I could see a break in the clouds on the horizon so he turned around and in the last of the October light we got them done between the rain.

I am over the moon with them.

I can give the story on here if anybody wants to read it.

Cheers
Mark
Attachments
FB_IMG_1684081313987~2.jpg
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Re: My Car in ClassicFord Magazine

Post by Peter-S »

Very nice. I'm sure I saw a picture on Instagram earlier. The clouds and damp surface worked well in the end :)
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Nice one Mark :cool:

I know it's been along time but well worth it as car looks great, and as Peter says the wet ground etc adds something to the photo.

Must be nice to have your car featured like this, my mate had his XR2 in the March edition.

Do you still have your XR?

Andy
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

That car looks fucking brutal 8-)
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
T.M.
Car(s): Capri 2.8 Injection (1984)

Post by T.M. »

Very nice! ;)

Tom
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Like that a lot, looks fantastic in that colour, many congrats ;)
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:53 pm My car featured in this month's Classic Ford Magazine. I am not showing off -well maybe a little, or being conceited, I just thought some may like to see it and read it's story.
Why not show off when you have such a fabulous looking Capri? Congratulations on your feature in the magazine.
I don't read Classic Ford, I would love to hear about the background story of your car. If you could take the time to post some details here, that would be great.

Andrew.