Amazing model work - sadly not the ones we would like!

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Amazing model work - sadly not the ones we would like!

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

So my lad wants models to play with of the cars we have but as always there aren't any so I started buying similar and painting them etc. Now my work is about 2% and that's being generous of this guys work. It's geeky but I found myself watching it. Absolutely amazing effort, ideas and skill. Even if you don't like the content, jusst admire his work. Why an FSO I don't know but it might inspire some of you model makers to do yourself a Capri.

https://youtu.be/6srSmMOGM2A
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Re: Amazing model work - sadly not the ones we would like!

Post by Paul G »

Jesus, I got hooked on that video, what a very patient genius to be able to work to that standard and that level of detail. I couldn't do it. Hats off to the man. :D :applaud:
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Just had a very quick look through, amazing!!

As Paul says very patient, along with a steady hand and good eyesight (So that's me out :lol: )

Built plenty of Airfix planes in the 70s and enjoyed it at the time :)
SCP440
Car(s): Capri Ghia MK3 3.0, Jensen Interceptor MK3, ZTT 260 V8

Post by SCP440 »

Yes I used to build Airfix and Revel kits. We had a boy in our class who was probably OCD but he would do kits and spend hours on them to make them look amazing but not to the standard of this chap.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

SCP440 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:51 pm Yes I used to build Airfix and Revel kits.
Ah forgot Revel, I probably made some of those too but I definately ate the bags of them :lol:
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Wow that's amazing, I build the old 1/25 scale American truck kits from the 70s and 80s by AMT and ERTL - not quite to this level though!
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Great find, I enjoyed watching the video.
The difference between me and him is that I see the kit as a complete article, whereas he would consider it as the starting point for his creations. The amount of detail and the level of imagination, skill and knowledge involved is incredible.

Andrew.