Combustion Engines

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
nemo
Car(s): none at the moment

Combustion Engines

Post by nemo »

Seems the EU have backed down and WILL now allow production of combustion engines beyon 2035, presumably the synthetic fuel will be compatible with `our` cars? Seems hopeful.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/ins ... ba84&ei=28
Embo
Car(s): 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
74 Capri RS3100 EV Project

Re: Combustion Engines

Post by Embo »

Electric technology cannot be the only solution for cars, at least not yet. In California we have similar regulations to Europe; but we have power outages when it gets too hot and our power grid is not maintained well. Many of the large catastrophic fires recently have been traced back to fallen power lines in storms. So you cannot expect millions of cars and billions of miles traveled to magically switch to electric. And battery supply and demand is another obvious bottle neck.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I always thought the deadline would be pushed back, if it's even enforced at all. The infrastructure simply isn't in place and the technology is not yet good enough.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Major_Tom wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:59 am I always thought the deadline would be pushed back, if it's even enforced at all. The infrastructure simply isn't in place and the technology is not yet good enough.
Just in case Tom I bought this little beauty so I am ready. Is an Amazon Basics battery charger... There is no mention it does not charge electric cars and great value at £17.99 ... :)

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

That's good Nick. I see it comes both with AA and American AAA cover built in as standard! :lol: