Matthewsons Sales Pitches

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Matthewsons Sales Pitches

Post by andyd »

SCP440 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:51 pm
andyd wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:39 pm As for Matthewsons, personally I wouldn't want my car to go there for auction.

Don't like the way people are all over them with potential to damage paintwork (I assume other auctions would be the same?) And old Geoffery Bubbles with his bucket and sponge that's just asking for swirl marks :roll:
Sadly most car auctions are only after a sale and care little about much else, I have a car auction a mile from my house and most cars arrive get a pressure wash, glass clean and some tyre dressing. I have even seen them use the pressure washer in the engine bay on some ( maybe it has been requested) . Good luck tracing electrical problems on one of those.
I would make sure my car was as clean as possibe when collected or driven there, and wouldn't expect it to be touched again until sold or returned especially if it was kept indoors while at auction.

If kept outside and dirty I suppose it should be cleaned by someone there but I woudn't be too keen on it.

With detail sprays now available there is no real need to get cars wet unnecessarily.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Matthewsons Sales Pitches

Post by Major_Tom »

SCP440 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:51 pm
andyd wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:39 pm As for Matthewsons, personally I wouldn't want my car to go there for auction.

Don't like the way people are all over them with potential to damage paintwork (I assume other auctions would be the same?) And old Geoffery Bubbles with his bucket and sponge that's just asking for swirl marks :roll:
I have even seen them use the pressure washer in the engine bay on some ( maybe it has been requested) . Good luck tracing electrical problems on one of those.
I was round a mates a few months back and his housemate pressure washed his Connect... then opened the bonnet and did the engine :!: . Couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was speechless. On top of that, he was about to do a 100 mile drive :?:

It was fine :lol: but that is just nothing I would ever think of doing, ever, let alone before a journey! Literally he was just blasting in with the karcher at point blank range and grinning merrily like it was normal :headscratch:

I wonder if he still has that vehicle... I shall find out.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.