The Queen RIP

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Re: The Queen RIP

Post by Mr B »

A17 LTF wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:23 pm RIP Queen Elizabeth II. There will never be another person like her and she will be sorely missed.
No one is irreplaceable, As the saying goes 'The King is dead, long live the King' or Queen in this case.
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Mr B wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:14 pm
Bug wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:11 pm
Mr B wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:16 am IMG-20220909-WA0007.jpg
I appreciate your sentiment. Thank you.
But no military person would kneel for this!
We would stand rigidly, immovably to attention, with heads bowed, as a final mark of respect to 'the boss'.
Not 'my boss' I'm afraid.
I expect Martin swore an oath of allegiance to the Queen when he entered military service, hence the affectionate title of 'the boss'.

You don't have to get all fawny over HRH, but that you're allowed to express a counter opinion without repercussions is due to the history which has got the country to this stage. She wasn't just a person or an institution, she represented part of our unique history itself. It is not without consequence to forget or belittle one's history.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:12 pm
We would stand rigidly, immovably to attention, with heads bowed, as a final mark of respect to 'the boss'.
I expect Martin swore an oath of allegiance to the Queen when he entered military service, hence the affectionate title of 'the boss'.

You don't have to get all fawny over HRH, but that you're allowed to express a counter opinion without repercussions is due to the history which has got the country to this stage. She wasn't just a person or an institution, she represented part of our unique history itself. It is not without consequence to forget or belittle one's history.
No offence intended, but as John Lydon wrote recently " I've got no animosity against anyone of the Royal family. Never did. It's the institution of it that bothers me and the assumption that I'm to pay for it"

As I said no offence was intended but I believe both sides of the coin should be represented.
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Mr B wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:16 am IMG-20220909-WA0007.jpg
Well we had to maintain standards! :poke: :D
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

Bug wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:27 pm
And yet they still let you in! :poke: :lol:
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mr B wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:44 pm No offence intended, but as John Lydon wrote recently " I've got no animosity against anyone of the Royal family. Never did. It's the institution of it that bothers me and the assumption that I'm to pay for it"

As I said no offence was intended but I believe both sides of the coin should be represented.
John Lyndon 🖤

I understand about the £, I'm so poor I can't afford to both run my car every day and eat. However I have no doubt that if the royal family didn't exist.. I would still be piss poor :lol: it would just disappear somewhere else, some off shore tax haven, some island paradise. I have nothing in principle against earning cash and capitalism, but these legal loopholes that allow folk to steal and print money, so long as you have the cash to fund it without breaking the law, that's a true injustice and also done with our money. But it's more acceptable for some reason.

The royals are a big gilded target, golden carriages, the castles, the bear fur hats.. but why not eh? At least you can see where the money goes :lol: It's basically the fee for the upkeep of a museum of British history. Plus I never quite have the impression that being Royalty is that great a privilege. Seems like a burden as much as a luxury. No anonymity, no privacy.. I'd hate it. Rather be poor. Most days anyway.

Plus, if it wasnt them... it would be a president, or another head of state.. probably someone truly sinister..

Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Mr B wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:44 pm
No offence intended, but as John Lydon wrote recently " I've got no animosity against anyone of the Royal family. Never did. It's the institution of it that bothers me and the assumption that I'm to pay for it"
I have to smile at Mr Lydon, I suspect that he didn't do too badly from his association with the Queen. Filthy lucre and all that.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Peter-S wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 pm
I have to smile at Mr Lydon, I suspect that he didn't do too badly from his association with the Queen. Filthy lucre and all that.
I seen Mr Lydon twice, once with The Pistols and then Public Image Limited "PIL". At the pistols i woke up unconscious on the grass in Finsbury Park with very bad damage to my ankle and at The PIL i lost a shoe and belt :lol: Brilliant stuff BUT it really pissed me off when he decided to do that advert for fucking butter.... Kinda went down a notch for me after that...i mean BUTTER for fucks sake !!!! :lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:11 pm
I seen Mr Lydon twice, once with The Pistols and then Public Image Limited "PIL". At the pistols i woke up unconscious on the grass in Finsbury Park with very bad damage to my ankle and at The PIL i lost a shoe and belt :lol: Brilliant stuff BUT it really pissed me off when he decided to do that advert for fucking butter.... Kinda went down a notch for me after that...i mean BUTTER for fucks sake !!!! :lol:
Country Life Buttahhh!

I like to think he had a holy experience with Country Life Butter while high on loads of LSD and sought out the company afterwards and demanded to be allowed to promote the product to repay a spiritual debt :lol:
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:12 pm
Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:11 pm

Country Life Buttahhh!

I like to think he had a holy experience with Country Life Butter while high on loads of LSD and sought out the company afterwards and demanded to be allowed to promote the product to repay a spiritual debt :lol:
Ahh... Now that makes better sense of it Tom. Punk Rock Rules 👌👌 :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/8hzQsvxtLTM
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:21 pm
https://youtu.be/8hzQsvxtLTM
:lol: :lol: :lol: 👍
Mr B
Donator
Donator

Post by Mr B »

I guess all of the above would make our John a bit of a hypocrite, however I agree with what he said in that article whether it makes him a hypocrite or not, I think we should be given a choice on the future of the monarchy and that's just my view on it which I feel entitled too, after all I do help fund their lifestyle - whether I want to or not.

P.S I always liked The Clash more than The Pistols :cheers:
D366Y
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1986 Laser 1.6, daily runaround project
1981 GL Auto 2.0, Barn-Find-Resto, now also a runaround project
1980 3.0S, crash damage resto
1993 Fiesta 1.1

Currently full up and no more space but I still want a 2.8...

Post by D366Y »

Mr B wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:14 pm I guess all of the above would make our John a bit of a hypocrite, however I agree with what he said in that article whether it makes him a hypocrite or not, I think we should be given a choice on the future of the monarchy and that's just my view on it which I feel entitled too, after all I do help fund their lifestyle - whether I want to or not.

P.S I always liked The Clash more than The Pistols :cheers:
I used to be like that as well, but after I looked into it a bit more it turns out that statistically the royal family make more money for us in tourism than we pay them by quite some margin.
Don't get me wrong it doesn't make me their number one fan but I was surprised by that - now I just wish the bloody government would invest some of it back into the tax payers rather than lining their own pockets!
A wise man once said... "you can never have too many capris - buy another" :beer:
It's me, I'm the wise man.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Mr B wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:49 pm
Bug wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:27 pm

And yet they still let you in! :poke: :lol:
Indeed they did. I asked nicely and swore an oath to 'my boss'.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bug wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:56 am I asked nicely and swore an oath to 'my boss'.
We swear at my boss because he's an oaf.

Andrew.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:03 am

I'd stick to Sheep farming on your Welsh Estate Andrew :lol:
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:49 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:03 am

I'd stick to Sheep farming on your Welsh Estate Andrew :lol:
I have heard that the price of sheep is very reasonable at the moment 🙂
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Where does a sheep go to have a drink? The baar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry always liked that joke :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:49 am I'd stick to Sheep farming on your Welsh Estate Andrew :lol:
I'm here all week! :lol:
Peter-S wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:29 am I have heard that the price of sheep is very reasonable at the moment 🙂
You don't even need to buy them a drink at the baaar....
Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:49 am Where does a sheep go to have a drink? The baar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry always liked that joke :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Just pinched it! :D

Andrew.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:11 pm i woke up unconscious
That's clever!