Front indicator holder

Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
TOM999
Car(s): Black Ford Capri 2.8 Injection.

Good looking car, not concours, will drive it anywhere.

Putting all the faults right that I've inherited.

Front indicator holder

Post by TOM999 »

Hi all.
Could do with a front passenger side indicator holder. My complete unit fell out of the bumper while going down a bumpy single track rd in the Lancaster countryside lol.
Cheers, Tom.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Front indicator holder

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Martin at Caprigear will probably have some second hand ones, although it's unlikely that you'll be able to find some with unbroken mountings.
Martin may also be able to supply a new repro item, as can CCI:
https://www.capriclub.co.uk/Mk_3_Front_ ... --492.html

I'm suprised you lost the indicator unit as it would still have been left dangling by the bulb holder and wires. Perhaps that wasn't locked into position in the back of the unit. Considering the cost of replacements, I'd be tempted to search for the original one that you lost though!

If you're not bothered about originality, you can still secure an indicator with broken mountings by drilling through the indicator surround on the bumper. You can then secure the indicator in position using self-tapping screws.

Andrew.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: Front indicator holder

Post by Major_Tom »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:46 am I'm suprised you lost the indicator unit as it would still have been left dangling by the bulb holder and wires. Perhaps that wasn't locked into position in the back of the unit. Considering the cost of replacements, I'd be tempted to search for the original one that you lost
I ran over mine when that happened to me. Fortunately it was back when spares were falling out of the sky!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.