At what point would you have stopped this:

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

At what point would you have stopped this:

Post by Major_Tom »

I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: At what point would you have stopped this:

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:29 pm ..I feel bad for the guy but jeez:

https://forum.sciroccoregister.co.uk/vi ... hp?t=20477
Tom this is a terrible tale. Cant believe how hes been treated and blatantly lied to by this "mechanic". But to give up and sign your car over to the scoundrel surely was madness. I know from reading the tale he had been constantly promised the return of his car on numerous occasions and causing the poor guy so much stress but as you said "at what point do you stop this". Especially the extra works required on the engine which he paid for only to then hear later that the car had not even been touched at all !!

I think after a couple of knock backs and promises of delivery the alarm bells would begin to tinkle for me and even with a trip from Glasgow to Cambridge Id be tempted to pay the garage in question a visit ( with a mate as back up support) to find out what the dickens was going on and to get the car back. As you say you have to feel so sorry for the guy BUT still hard to believe he gave up and signed it over to him. I notice the loan car was collected promptly enough by the crook mechanic but he could not deliver the guys car back to him.. Laughable when he said he got as far as Glasgow but had to turn back because the machinery to offload the car from his truck had broken. Just fucking ridiculous really

But i dont want to slag iff the owner as it obviously caused him a big stress in his life over time and the constant lies and promises must have just been too much.

As said Tom a terrible tale but makes me angry just reading it.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Re: At what point would you have stopped this:

Post by Major_Tom »

Yeah he was taken for a ride, but as you say, why give the guy what he wanted. Must have been a right good conman. And his "lawyer" needs replacing, imagine agreeing to tell the bastard to keep the Scirocco, what the hell.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.