Seriously contemplated changing: my car..

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Seriously contemplated changing: my car..

Post by Major_Tom »

..for about 3min. For this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265742229053

But then decided not to. My car often appears in my dreams, so that is an obvious sign of what to do, and I always wanted a Capri since I was very young. Even found an old excercise book from school which had a list of things I wanted 'when I grow up.'

One of the things on the list was have 'a beat up black Capri that goes really fast" :lol: it always gives me what I need as a car, and there are so many things still to add and modify and do. I could never swap it.

But a modded Zepyr with an Essex does pique my attention.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Seriously contemplated changing: my car..

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Ahh Mr Tom. Thats a lovely ZEPHYR mate and some very nice modifications too. I do love seeing Classics modified so tastefully like this. But you know it makes sense to keep your capri fella. What a capri too ! I remember I seen pictures you once posted here of you cradling your 45s in your arms and the love and bond between a man and his twin carbs was just so touching to see. A bond that can never be broken. As nice as that Zephyr is your old capri with a little Pinto with funny bagpipe thingies bolted on the side will always turn more heads methinks fella.. Just love it ❤️:lol:
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Without ever meeting you Tom , its hard to say but while they are both older classics they are streets apart . One being a sports coupe and the other a ( bench seat?) family 4 door . It would be a big change.
Every time my car appears in my dreams Im being chased by the police ,
ha , I did quickly wonder if Nick dreams about his car...... or his car dreams about Nick.😆😁
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Before I bought the Capri I had a couple of other choices swimming around in my head.

Land Rover S3. I test drove a SWB ex-Army one, with a canvas roof and a folding windscreen, 24v FFR one. That was cool. But decided against it in the end,twice as many axles and gearboxes and oil seals... lots of work!

Or a Transit County. Ideally a SWB one. Love these.

Was also looking at Dodge 50 series trucks. I love these vehicles, so much potential:

..but in the end, went for the oldest childhood dream car. Glad I did too. Can't seriously see myself ever getting rid of it. Brings me far too much joy and still loads of potential and mods and fun to be had 8-)

Always good to test the quality of one's choices though :)
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Appreciate the opinions gents, you are definitely correct 8-) Took the Capri festivalling the other month, put up the Harris fencing for our tickets, spent most of the weekend sitting on my scuttle panel and lying back drinking lots of cider :lol:

Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:09 pm Before I bought the Capri I had a couple of other choices swimming around in my head.

Land Rover S3. I test drove a SWB ex-Army one, with a canvas roof and a folding windscreen, 24v FFR one. That was cool. But decided against it in the end,twice as many axles and gearboxes and oil seals... lots of work!

Mate, if you think that's a SWB then you're going to need an HGV licence for a LWB. :xd:

Having said that I always hankered after an 'air-portable' kitted out with a V8.
We used to have the standard diesel ones when I was at Marham in the 80's. They were fun enough, but with a big old block in them they'd be a hoot.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:24 pm
Major_Tom wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:09 pm Before I bought the Capri I had a couple of other choices swimming around in my head.

Mate, if you think that's a SWB then you're going to need an HGV licence for a LWB. :xd:

Having said that I always hankered after an 'air-portable' kitted out with a V8.
We used to have the standard diesel ones when I was at Marham in the 80's. They were fun enough, but with a big old block in them they'd be a hoot.
I couldn't find a picture of an 88 one - I was told they were rare!

And yes those half-tonners are sexy 🖤
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:13 pm Image
Great photo of the Capri Tom. Love it ❤️

But jeepers old chap i see you are parked up in long grass... hope this young fellow did not wander out from the local corn field to have a closer look at your Pinto :shock: :lol: :lol:

Image[/url]mouse button checker
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:11 am I did quickly wonder if Nick dreams about his car...... or his car dreams about Nick.😆😁
Well.... funny you mention this Hamish..And B112 plays this song too....

https://youtu.be/wlfOIksGEqc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

With greatest respect not you fella but B112 :wave: