This seems a very good buy...

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

This seems a very good buy...

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354030116070 ... media=COPY

Yes it needs resto from what the seller says but it looks pretty tidy from the photos and some fantastic parts supplied with it with that interior and fully refurbished engine....although no info on the Capri at all... 2.0 or 3.0
??? No photo of engine either. If its genuine its a steal at that price surely. Guessing from the paintjob its a 3.0 as classic colour for 3.0S
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Re: This seems a very good buy...

Post by Mr B »

Hi Nick,

One of the pics shows the tailgate with 2.0 S decal but who knows, my 3 litre Ghia has a 1.6 Laser decal on there ...
:whistle:
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

Mr B wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:50 am Hi Nick,

One of the pics shows the tailgate with 2.0 S decal but who knows, my 3 litre Ghia has a 1.6 Laser decal on there ...
Ahh, I missed that mate. Well spotted :lol:

But yep boot decals are not always as it seems. Love the fact you're showing you got a 1.6 boot decal but with a BIG surprise under the bonnet :lol: :lol:

Still a kinda funny advert in a way as not much description of the Capri or engine. Looks a very nice buy at that price though. Love that colour on an "S". Just looks lovely.
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Mr B
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Four 3 litre Capri's and 2 Mark 1 GXL's

Post by Mr B »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:05 pm
Mr B wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:50 am Hi Nick,

Ahh, I missed that mate. Well spotted :lol:

But yep boot decals are not always as it seems. Love the fact you're showing you got a 1.6 boot decal but with a BIG surprise under the bonnet :lol: :lol:

Still a kinda funny advert in a way as not much description of the Capri or engine. Looks a very nice buy at that price though. Love that colour on an "S". Just looks lovely.
Hi Nick,

It has caught a few people out at the traffic lights, but some people are a bit more clued up, quite recently whilst stuck on the A13 going home a guy in a van next to me shouted out "if that's a 1600 Laser then I'm Alan f****** Sugar" :lol: :lol:
If an honest man is wrong and after demonstrating that he is wrong he either stops being wrong or stops being honest
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:08 am https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354030116070 ... media=COPY

Yes it needs resto from what the seller says but it looks pretty tidy from the photos and some fantastic parts supplied with it with that interior and fully refurbished engine....although no info on the Capri at all... 2.0 or 3.0
??? No photo of engine either. If its genuine its a steal at that price surely. Guessing from the paintjob its a 3.0 as classic colour for 3.0S
Looks Ok on the face of it Nick but I suspect quite a bit of filler under that paint job.
ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Lord Flasheart
Car(s): 3.0 Ghia

Post by Lord Flasheart »

Description says 1.6 ...... S stripes a bit wonky ..... could be a genuine stalled project but not entirely sure what it is ?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

On the subject of the S stripes, on the offside they are lined up with the upper swage line, and on the nearside they are lined up with the lower one. :doh: :D

The respray looks like a recent one, I wonder if the owner started down the restoration path and then panicked once issues started showing through so soon. For example, the leading edge of the bonnet. Mind you, the seller does state in the description that the car is for restoration.

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

The seller I.D. looks familiar, wasn't there a member on here with the surname of Aldon.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

pbar wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:58 am The seller I.D. looks familiar, wasn't there a member on here with the surname of Aldon.
You may be thinking of Adlen85?

Andrew.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

I have had my mother in law on eBay for a 99p start on eBay and she has not sold perhaps I should offer some Capri parts with her :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:09 pm
pbar wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:58 am The seller I.D. looks familiar, wasn't there a member on here with the surname of Aldon.
You may be thinking of Adlen85?

Andrew.

Perhaps Andrew, yes. That was Liam wasn't it, I spoke to him a couple of times, several members on here were going to restore Dixy's Capri (who sadly passed away), and I was going to take a look as it wasn't far from me at the time. There was a thread on here but nothing came of it unfortunately, wonder what eventually happened to the car. Maybe that's why I recalled the particular username.

Strangely, the person who owned the car at the time (and didn't exactly endear themselves on here due to a suspected profiteering attitude), was the same seller/scammer who sold me the incorrect tailgate struts.