Rear bushes

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
EightyFive
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1985

Rear bushes

Post by EightyFive »

Currently in the process of replacing my rear axle and leaf springs. I figured I might as well replace the rear spring to chassis bushes and rear ARB bushes, jesus - how much!? £65 odd quid for some cheap looking polybushes. With the arb bushes that’ll push it over £100. Are there any cheaper alternatives out there?

As for the arb I happened to see a decent looking complete assembly for £40 with the bushes already installed. Only thing is the size is 10mm, would that work on a 2.0?

I’m not trying to sound like a cheapskate but after dropping money on an axle, new springs and a bunch of other stuff these costs are adding up. I think the days when the capri was considered an ‘affordable classic’ are long gone!
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: Rear bushes

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi,
Not that it helps, but if you've just bought new springs, don't they come with new rubber bushes already fitted? You might as well use those until they wear out.

Andrew.
EightyFive
Donator
Donator

Post by EightyFive »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:05 am Hi,
Not that it helps, but if you've just bought new springs, don't they come with new rubber bushes already fitted? You might as well use those until they wear out.

Andrew.
Hi Andrew, yes they do and I plan to, but I am talking about the rear shackle to chassis bush and ARB bushes.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

If you only need the shackle bushes, can I ask where are you getting £65 for them from?
The cheapest I've found are under £20:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253281359080 ... SwtupiUACQ

I've got Superflex ones, and although they are a bit more expensive, they appear to be very good quality:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282654987332 ... SwzjxeSaUY

If you buy everything you need from one seller, be it online or from Martin, you should be able to combine P&P and save a bit of money there.
:goodluck:

Andrew.
EightyFive
Donator
Donator

Post by EightyFive »

These were the first results on my ebay app,I really despise sponsored listings:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352169712855 ... media=COPY

On second thought i’m sure they are good quality but I can’t justify the cost.

I like the look of the ones you have fitted to your car Andrew and think they will be a good middle ground for what I am after.

I am thinking perhaps to leave the rear ARB and bushes for now and change it further down the line as I can do that with the new axle in place etc.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

EightyFive wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 am I am thinking perhaps to leave the rear ARB and bushes for now and change it further down the line as I can do that with the new axle in place etc.
Yes, it should only be a few hours work to change the bushes and can be done at a later date.

Andrew.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

I am a stockist for Superflex Polybushes. Let me know what you need, I can supply individual kits or a complete car set.