Wiring

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
caprobe
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 laser (restoration project)

Wiring

Post by caprobe »

Hi, recently started having my 1 6 laser recommissioned as it's been off the road far too long. Everything seems to be going to plan except the drivers side lights aren't coming on ( have changed the bulbs) and the handbrake light doesn't come on either, are the two likely to be connected? Any advice would be appreciated
Not_Anumber
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Just sold 1983 2.8 Injection 5 speed. Currently restoring another classic Previously owned 2 Capris. Likely to own another at some point

Re: Wiring

Post by Not_Anumber »

Start by removing the fuses from the main fusebox on the bulkhead. Clean them and the contacts they fit into with wire wool and ensure there is plenty of tension on the contacts when you put them back. Its a common problem
caprobe
Car(s): Ford Capri 1.6 laser (restoration project)

Post by caprobe »

Cheers mate
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Just make sure you dont cause a short circuit with the steel wool .........that stuff burns really well with 12 volts applied to it , gets red hot and will burn your fingers . Apart from that it works well for cleaning softer metals
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

On mine it turned out to be corroded wiring on the headlamp plug.

And another time it was a bad earth. Hope you sort it soon and for free 8-)
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.