Capri Parts For Sale and Wanted
brooky
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 2.0 Laser and XR4x4i.

dash metal frame wanted

Post by brooky »

Hi

Looking for a dash metal frame so I can fit one of the replacement CC dash tops to it ready for putting into my Laser which has currently got the black Ghia dash fitted. Thanks, Mark
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Re: dash metal frame wanted

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Hi Mark,
I take it you've already tries Martin or CCI?

Wouldn't it be good if the club made a repro frame to mount their dash tops on? Even dashes in crappy condition are listed on Ebay for silly money these days.

Andrew.
brooky
Donator
Donator

Post by brooky »

Hi Andrew, no I havent tried Martin yet but will definitely give him a call. It is a shame CC dont take in any old frames and offer them back out for people buying there replacement dash top so people can then get it all prepared ready for fitting, you know only too well the prep that is required. They could even do like the steering racks and use a surcharge to get people to send one back when they have done the swap over.. Look forward to catching up soon hopefully. Mark
Peter-S
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1985 Capri 2.0
1983 Capri 2.8i

Post by Peter-S »

brooky wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:50 pm Hi

Looking for a dash metal frame so I can fit one of the replacement CC dash tops to it ready for putting into my Laser which has currently got the black Ghia dash fitted. Thanks, Mark
I have a frame but it still has the foam part attached

I tried to repair it. It was sort of OK but I was offered a good one so abandoned this one

ImageBanner by Peter Smith, on Flickr
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

brooky wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:13 pm Hi Andrew, no I havent tried Martin yet but will definitely give him a call. It is a shame CC dont take in any old frames and offer them back out for people buying there replacement dash top so people can then get it all prepared ready for fitting, you know only too well the prep that is required. They could even do like the steering racks and use a surcharge to get people to send one back when they have done the swap over.. Look forward to catching up soon hopefully. Mark
I have at least a dozen old dashes that I've saved for just this issue.
brooky
Donator
Donator

Post by brooky »

Thanks for your offers, managed to get one from James who was within collection distance and all free so sent £20 donation to the Ukraine emergency fund