Car alarms

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Car alarms

Post by Mc Tool »

Yeah , but its not like we went over the top or anything.
😁 , go on , pull my legπŸ˜†,if you get the wrong one it will probly come right off
(Im getting a new one .....that I can use my phone to program )
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

A programmable leg? You mean a bit like the bump and rebound settings on a shock absorber?
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Major_Tom wrote: ↑Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:13 pm A programmable leg? You mean a bit like the bump and rebound settings on a shock absorber?
More likely to be the toe in.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

I'm genuinely interested! Is it programmable knee stiffness or what?

I could just look it up, but I don't like doing that as it demeans the importance of human interaction.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Bug wrote: ↑Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:41 pm
Major_Tom wrote: ↑Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:13 pm A programmable leg? You mean a bit like the bump and rebound settings on a shock absorber?
More likely to be the toe in.
First rate punnage :lol: I am replacing my Spax inserts with Bilsteins currently, I didnt even make the connection between legs and legs.. but I guess I made a good joke too there :lol:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

The one I have has a hydraulic dampener in the knee , controlled by electric valves which are in turn controlled by a processor . The knee stiffens up when straight ....not solid . When I put weight on my toe , as in walking the knee unlocks and bends freely untill it stops bending ( whatever the angle )and from there it will straighten freely but be real stiff to bend untill the pressure is on my toe and it unlocks again so I sorta walk like I kicking a can along the path . When its stiff straight it still creeps a bit , this allows me to sit down and the further it creeps the less the dampening so it sorta accelerates . If Im standing around I dont feel it creeping till its to late and it has dumped me on my arse a few times.
The new one just has a lot more brain power . I can set the range of motion for different situations like riding the bike . I can set the dampening to change according to degrees of rotation and it has more sensors in the heel and knee . Can be programmed for uneven ground and is waterproof.
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

Mc Tool wrote: ↑Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:20 pm The one I have has a hydraulic dampener in the knee , controlled by electric valves which are in turn controlled by a processor . The knee stiffens up when straight ....not solid . When I put weight on my toe , as in walking the knee unlocks and bends freely untill it stops bending ( whatever the angle )and from there it will straighten freely but be real stiff to bend untill the pressure is on my toe and it unlocks again so I sorta walk like I kicking a can along the path . When its stiff straight it still creeps a bit , this allows me to sit down and the further it creeps the less the dampening so it sorta accelerates . If Im standing around I dont feel it creeping till its to late and it has dumped me on my arse a few times.
The new one just has a lot more brain power . I can set the range of motion for different situations like riding the bike . I can set the dampening to change according to degrees of rotation and it has more sensors in the heel and knee . Can be programmed for uneven ground and is waterproof.
That's awesome. You should experiment with it, test out various settings, until you find the ideal parameters for the perfect kick in the bollocks :lol: you could practice on a bag of cubed steak and also tenderise it for a tasty reward.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Dunno about kicking bollocks , old joke about one legged man at arse kicking party, but I gotta watch I dont kneel on my dick .....leg being a bit shorterπŸ˜†
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Bug wrote: ↑Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:39 pm It appears your due diligence may have missed me. :D
You must have used your RAF experience to fly under the radar ! :lol:

Andrew.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:54 pm
Bug wrote: ↑Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:39 pm It appears your due diligence may have missed me. :D

Andrew.
:D
And after all my years of membership, this post has finally prompted me to upload an avatar.
ZA601 in which I got a back seat trip in Jan '93, piloted by Sqn Ldr Hillier, now Sir Stephen Hillier who ended up as Chief of the Air Staff.
Obviously my couple of hours chatting with him set him up nicely. ;)
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Bug wrote: ↑Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:54 am
Andrew 2.8i wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Andrew.
:D
And after all my years of membership, this post has finally prompted me to upload an avatar.
ZA601 in which I got a back seat trip in Jan '93, piloted by Sqn Ldr Hillier, now Sir Stephen Hillier who ended up as Chief of the Air Staff.
Obviously my couple of hours chatting with him set him up nicely. ;)
Theres something about a Tornado, and the same goes for the Spitfire and Lancaster as all iconic aircraft :cool:

I really dislike flying, so annoyingly if I was offered a ride in one of these I would have to turn it down :(
Major_Tom

Post by Major_Tom »

I've always loved the Mosquito

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Major_Tom wrote: ↑Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:47 pm I've always loved the Mosquito

:agree: AKA The Wooden Wonder :cool:

Just like cars, modern planes might be high tec but theres something about the older ones well never see again.