Bangers and cash Vs Car SOS

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
ESSEXV6ESSEX
Car(s): Car

Bangers and cash Vs Car SOS

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Well, where do I start. Few seasons back car SOS featured a Capri MK1 that was completed by Legend Ric Wood. Woman couldn't finish her dream car???

Tonight's SOS same woman selling raleigh choppers and kiddie cars to buy a shrunk down F1 car. I might add also had a barn full of stuff including other nice cars. Partner that looked mobile and she got into the miini F1 car and drove it remarkably well.

Now is it just me???

I thought SOS was supposed to be a programme that helps owners having difficult times put the car of thier dreams back on the road??

I could be wrong but what a load of Sh! *
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Bangers and cash Vs Car SOS

Post by andyd »

I saw that, I recognised her but didn't click until I saw the Capri sat there.

Didn't look short of money to me :?
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I think maybe the show producers are really more interested in what makes good TV . They may have a list of cars they want to feature and how they get them into the storey aint that important ........fudge the circumstances and get the car in front of the camera 😊 sort of thing .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

We met her at the CCI show a few years ago as Andrew our number one photograph got her photo and autograph :lol:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

What car was featured on the show this time?

Where does Bangers and Cash fit into this?

Sorry, but I'm confused....

Andrew.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:48 pm What car was featured on the show this time?

Andrew.
The second paragraph should read Tonights Bangers and Cash that should make more sense to you :) Think it's repeated tonight at 9.00 on Yesterday channel.

Copied from the web;
"Tim and Fuzz have taken on the task of restoring a 1974 Mk1 Ford Capri. Its owner, 53 year old Helen, is a lifelong petrol head who bought her dream car nearly 8 years ago with the plan to strip it down and do full nut and bolt rebuild. However after a terrible accident Helen was left with heart problems and in constant pain from severe rheumatoid arthritis the restoration of her Capri was put on hold. Daughter Rebecca and son Rob called Car SOS help put their mother's car back on the road and the gleam back in her eye".

If she is genuinely unwell she certainly didn't look in pain especially getting into and driving that minature F1 car around.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Mc Tool wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:06 am I think maybe the show producers are really more interested in what makes good TV . They may have a list of cars they want to feature and how they get them into the storey aint that important ........fudge the circumstances and get the car in front of the camera 😊 sort of thing .
No :turd:

:lol:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:17 pm The second paragraph should read Tonights Bangers and Cash that should make more sense to you :)
Right, thanks Andy. That does make more sense.

It's interesting to read everybody's thoughts on the subjects on Car SOS. We shouldn't forget that it's a TV entertainment show and not a documentary, I think Hamish has hit the nail on the head.

Andrew.
ESSEXV6ESSEX

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:08 pm
andyd wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:17 pm The second paragraph should read Tonights Bangers and Cash that should make more sense to you :)

It's interesting to read everybody's thoughts on the subjects on Car SOS. We shouldn't forget that it's a TV entertainment show and not a documentary, I think Hamish has hit the nail on the head.

Andrew.
I actually don't think people are forgetting it's a TV show. The thing is car sos want you as a viewer. They chose a Ford and a Caori because it increases ratings. The premis of the programme is to portray a story to get the viewer to empathise with the character and wish them well to see the car to completion, it plays highly on emotion. TV show or not its duped its audiences, its akin to fleecing people at the doorstep purporting to be a collector for a cancer charity. At the end of the day somebody is being deceitful and dishonest here and I personally don't think in the circumstances the show portrays itself to be its in good taste. Transparency is paramount if you want respect. That show has earned good money from its viewing audience, it's advertising and revenue streams that can't be easily measured since the show was aired. Its not the same as somebody playing a character as Tim does in most shows, I think this goes well beyond that.
ESSEXV6ESSEX

Post by ESSEXV6ESSEX »

ESSEXV6ESSEX wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:08 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:08 pm

Andrew.
I actually don't think people are forgetting it's a TV show. The thing is car sos want you as a viewer. They chose a Ford and a Caori because it increases ratings. The premis of the programme is to portray a story to get the viewer to empathise with the character and wish them well to see the car to completion, it plays highly on emotion. TV show or not its duped its audiences, its akin to fleecing people at the doorstep purporting to be a collector for a cancer charity. At the end of the day somebody is being deceitful and dishonest here and I personally don't think in the circumstances the show portrays itself to be in good taste. Transparency is paramount if you want respect. That show has earned good money from its viewing audience, it's advertising and revenue streams that can't be easily measured since the show was aired. Its not the same as somebody playing a character as Tim does in most shows, I think this goes well beyond that. Fair enough if the researchers were duped or didn't pick up on lies when filming despite what surrounds them - not hard to spot but once found out I think they should edit it or pull it altogether.
Caprigear
Donator
Donator

Post by Caprigear »

andyd wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:17 pm
Andrew 2.8i wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:48 pm What car was featured on the show this time?

Andrew.
The second paragraph should read Tonights Bangers and Cash that should make more sense to you :) Think it's repeated tonight at 9.00 on Yesterday channel.

Copied from the web;
"Tim and Fuzz have taken on the task of restoring a 1974 Mk1 Ford Capri. Its owner, 53 year old Helen, is a lifelong petrol head who bought her dream car nearly 8 years ago with the plan to strip it down and do full nut and bolt rebuild. However after a terrible accident Helen was left with heart problems and in constant pain from severe rheumatoid arthritis the restoration of her Capri was put on hold. Daughter Rebecca and son Rob called Car SOS help put their mother's car back on the road and the gleam back in her eye".

If she is genuinely unwell she certainly didn't look in pain especially getting into and driving that minature F1 car around.
Truth was that Tim and Fuzz had hardly anything to do with the Capri. Ric Wood was the genius behind that particular car.
Judging by the collection shown on B&C she had more than enough wealth to get the car restored without dreaming up some sob story in order to put one over the SOS crowd. Or the other possibility, it was all part of the bullshit! who knows.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Im more interested in the actual repair and or restoration than the storey . It aint so bad having a dodgy storey as long as the tech stuff is believable.
.if you want bad try watching supercar megabuild with Mr Afzal kahn. Now theres your bullshit storey line followed by a bullshit " build ". Utter crap TV !😁
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
andyd

Post by andyd »

It was a good episode and a nice car came out of it, but if someone lies about their health to get it done and especially if Car SOS knew that, that's bad taste on all those concerned :(

As you say we will probably never know the truth, but you can't expect to go on a programmes like these without someone noticing!

She said that she likes to collect as much as possible of any sort of item, and what caught my ear was her saying she wanted a raleigh chopper but her parents bought her a raleigh shopper. That was the exact same line that Sarah that worked there told us in an earlier series. Coincidence maybe, I suppose it could have happened to alot of kids back then :?
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

andyd wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:34 am but you can't expect to go on a programmes like these without someone noticing!
It makes you wonder why the Capri owner, is it Rachel?, agreed to be filmed for Bangers and Cash as it would obviously reveal her personal situation wasn't entirely as it was portayed on the earlier show, Car SOS.

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Mc Tool wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:41 am Im more interested in the actual repair and or restoration than the storey . It aint so bad having a dodgy storey as long as the tech stuff is believable.
If you want a car restoration show that is completely genuine with no contrived situations, Classic Car Rescue with Bernie and Mario is the show for you.... :whistle: :lol:

Andrew.
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I've just read in Andy's quote from the web that the lady's name is Helen, not Rachel.

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Just because there is one potentially controversial episode, it doesn't mean the whole series is dubious, that's in keeping with the whole 'cancel culture' mindset which is a horrible modern thing.

There are a multitude if car shows on, every day, and there are a handful which I enjoy and get fulfillment from, and Car SOS is by far the best one as it does help people.

Yes there is TV magic involved (the Tim blagging scenes are obvious set ups at times), but there is on every TV show, always surprises me when people get shocked by that.

Car Sausage has been the number one car show for some time in my opinion.
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:40 am I've just read in Andy's quote from the web that the lady's name is Helen, not Rachel.

Andrew.

Rachel ? That’s twice you have mention her name now on two different threads ! Is there a new lady in your life ? :helpinghand:
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

Jasonmarie wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:47 am Rachel ? That’s twice you have mention her name now on two different threads ! Is there a new lady in your life ? :helpinghand:
I wasn't going to let on, but yes, it's Rachel Stevens..... :whistle: :D

Andrew.
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Rachel Riley.