Angle Grinders £10

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Angle Grinders £10

Post by pbar »

Aldi are selling angle grinders at just £10, worth getting even as a spare which is what I've just done. My current one which I use was from Aldi and I've had it years so they do last.
Supercharged Nat
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Supercharged 2.1 (daily driver- when it works)

Re: Angle Grinders £10

Post by Supercharged Nat »

Good to know! Only last year did i replace a pair of £10 Focus DIY ones i bought when they close down, many years ago. Its a fatmax one which seems ok, again only paid £10 for it.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

I have had my Ryobi 100mm grinders , one for 35 years from new the other 3 are made up of dead ones I bought on line for nix , just fitted new bearings and seals . But a grinder for 10 quid would be hard to pass up .
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar

Post by pbar »

Supercharged Nat wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:52 pm Good to know!

Thanks Nat, thought it was worth mentioning, absolute bargain.
pbar

Post by pbar »

Mc Tool wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:02 pm But a grinder for 10 quid would be hard to pass up .

Dead right Hamish, I did walk past them a couple of times thinking I just don't need one, but the other voice, the devils one, and let's face it, the red guy is far more fun, he has the best tunes for a start, told me at that price you have to get it, if only to keep for a spare, although I know that a lot of people have more than one to a avoid changing disc types as much. Anyway I got one, thinking actually I should have got a couple.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

You need at least 4 100mm grinders
Wire wheel , flap disc , cut off wheel , and grinding disc . If Im building a trailer ( as you do )I just got sick of swapping out discs ect . I usually fit longer heavy duty cords too .
My Dad just gave me a 150mm Hitachi grinder . WTF ? the guys a lawyer ,why does he need a big grinder ...." Oh , I had some fly buys about to expire and ......I never had a grinder before ...."
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Stish704
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 2.8 injection special. Weekends only!
Sierra Sapphire- rolling restoration.
Vauxhall Movano- the company vehicle.
Vauxhall Mokka. The wife’s!

Post by Stish704 »

I wouldn’t buy one as I’d burn it out to quick. I’m happy with my makita cordless, dewalt corded one, 9” grinder and 12” stihl petrol saw. Thinking about it, I don’t need anymore :xd: :xd: