Windscreen washer not working

Please restrict your questions and replies to Capri related technical issues!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Windscreen washer not working

Post by Mc Tool »

I had to mess with my washer pump wiring to get it working . It is earthed thru the stem switch so I ran a new power feed to the pump .........but , when I operate the washer switch all I get is the washer ....are the wipers supposed to also work or do you switch them on seperatly ?
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
B@fink
Car(s): Fiat Tipo diseasel (daily driver)
Audi A8 luxobarge (high days, holidays and general waft)
Ford Capri 1.6 Laser (former daily driver, stored 15 years, rebuilt in lockdown, done, but in dire need of paint)

Post by B@fink »

Washer switch just works…washers. None of this new fangled wipers at the same time and an extra wipe 30 seconds later to catch errant trickles…
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Thanks B@fink ,Im pleased I didnt muck round to long trying to figure that out . It was before I got some proper wiring diagrams (from a400mod .....thanks ).😊
warriorsage
Car(s): Capri 2.8i 1984 Project

Post by warriorsage »

Hi all,
The windscreen washer is alive once again. It was simply the male spade connector on the side of the fuse box needing a good clean.

I had the mot on Friday and despite the car being unwelded and really solid, there was a small rust hole half way down the drivers side A post visible when you open the door. That was the only thing it failed on. It’s a really strange place to rust. Is that a known place they rust? It looks like I’ll need to get the door off to weld it.
Cheers again for all your suggestions on what to check.
Bug
Car(s): Some

Post by Bug »

warriorsage wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:35 am The windscreen washer is alive once again. It was simply the male spade connector on the side of the fuse box needing a good clean.
Ner ner ne ner ner! Told you so. :xd:

But seriously, glad it was a simple fix for you and that even after all these years without a Capri, I can still remember some things. :whistle:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

It may be that the a pillar is well rusted inside and that hole is just the tip of the iceberg. A small usb flexi camera is a good way to see stuff like this . Cheap as chips on ebay