opinions

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
stevemarl
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Capri 1.6 laser

opinions

Post by stevemarl »

Hi,
last night the people in #18 decided to have a little firework show, a dozen people in the yard, drinking, weed and setting fireworks. I say fireworks, more incendiary devices - right outside my garages (you can see the roof of one centre screen). This is ONE firwork shooting up what, 12 feet? : it was like this for 2 hours. Just interested if anyone thinks I`m being over sensitive /' has any ideas what to do next time: police? I did go down there but as I say a dozen drunken `young people` were not, I suspect, going to listen to me? WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: opinions

Post by andyd »

Hi Steve,
Bloody fireworks get on my nerves! Organised displays are ok but it can go on for several nights this time of year scaring animals and pets!

I'm no expert, but the ones you describe don't sound like fireworks as not high enough, and could be dangerous exploding that low to the ground.

I would inform the police and hopefully some others will do the same, especially if weed smoking they should get a visit on that alone, or try council/enviromental health dept?

:goodluck:
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Thanks Andy - I start thinking I`m just a killjoy/ OCD sufferer - but I watched this all night on CCTV I was so worried in case anything went up in flames!!!
I AM looking into options for next time :evil: , apparently it IS illegal to let them off in a street/public place, so that`s one, trouble is I`m sure the police are stretched that night so how long would they take?
Thanks for replying!
Totally agree, should be organised displays only, selling bombs to the public`s not a good idea.
Steve
andyd

Post by andyd »

stevemarl wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:12 am Thanks Andy - I start thinking I`m just a killjoy/ OCD sufferer - but I watched this all night on CCTV I was so worried in case anything went up in flames!!!
I AM looking into options for next time :evil: , apparently it IS illegal to let them off in a street/public place, so that`s one, trouble is I`m sure the police are stretched that night so how long would they take?
Thanks for replying!
Totally agree, should be organised displays only, selling bombs to the public`s not a good idea.
Steve
Not a killjoy Steve, just old and aware enough of the issues involved!

You shouldn't be able to buy them anywhere, leaving it to displays only but I don't think that will never happen.

Years ago adverts told and showed people the dangers but you don't see that now, and considering common sense for many is now at an all time low it's need more than ever before!

Maybe set up a hose pipe next time to dampen the spirits ;)
Paul G
Car(s): MK 3 3.0S needing restoration, 2.0S, 1.6 Laser (nearly ready), Skoda Octavia VRS, VW Polo 1.4CL

Post by Paul G »

Bloody things should be banned. My pussy was shaking and terrified all evening.
andyd

Post by andyd »

Paul G wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:27 am Bloody things should be banned. My pussy was shaking and terrified all evening.
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

andyd wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:41 am
Paul G wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:27 am Bloody things should be banned. My pussy was shaking and terrified all evening.
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg
I hate the bloody things we played music for the dog as she hates the bangs .
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

It's a tricky situation. Personally, I wouldn't approach a gang of youths, the ones you describe above don't sound like the sort that would listen to reason.
I wonder if the overstretched Police would respond though, unless a crime is actually commited, and then you'd probably only be given a crime reference number.
Next year, I'd be tempted to just spend the evening closely monitoring the CCTV.

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Was there any damage to property ? Did anyone get injured ( other than the usual liver damage )?. Sure some pets aint big on fireworks but they dont like the lawn mower , chainsaw or line trimmers either . Cats find somewhere to hide , dog should be put inside and the girl over the road moves her hoss down the road a few paddocks . We have a few peeps wanting to ban private use but allowing organised displays ( the local stock car club puts on a real good show ). These professional displays are bigger brighter and noisier than private fun sessions and previously noted animals dont like them any less (probly more actually ) than private shows ( no ...... dont go showing off your privates :xd: )
We have boom offs with the neiboughs .... they let one off and the rest of us try to out do them and when one cracker doesnt cut it any more we get into multiple discharges ....... the kids love waving sparklers around and being able to light there own crackers . We get an adult to place the cracker and then the kids gather round while one takes his/her turn to light it and they all scamper to (the required )safe distance ........all such good fun . The problem is that some people just get old and boring and then they resent others having fun .....like they did as kids . I can well remember blowing up cow pats with bangers .....and letter boxes. using Mums vacuum cleaner tubes to aim sky rockets like a bazooka . To be fair the more one miss-uses fireworks the more fun they are. just have a look on you tube......
some peeps are just plain stupid ... I could watch them all day :lol: :lol:
Getting pissed up and blazing ( smoking pot ) and doing fun stuff is nothing I didnt spend all weekend doing ........hell we could buy gelignite at the local hardware store and Ian worked at a bakery. We used to drive along the beach putting 1/2 sticks of gelly into a hunk of bread and chuck it out the back of the van for the seagulls ..... feathers and body parts flyin everywhere ..... KFC.
We had an old standard 10 van and one time just as we in the back had lit the fuse the numb nuts driving ( who didnt know we had lit it ) decided to drive up a sand hill , didnt get far and in the count down the designated bomb chucker threw the stick out the back of the van which then rolled down the sand hill and over the gelly stick . You can imagine the pandemonem in the back of the van as 4 pissed and hootered up guys strived to avoid the impending explosion , fuck it was funny ... we all got bruised feet and arses when the thing went off and blew the floor of the van up a couple of inches . Ahhhh , good times . You got off light stevemarl :xd: :xd: :lol: :lol:
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
stevemarl
Donator
Donator

Post by stevemarl »

Yeah, I mean you`re right, there was no damage. In any case if it HAD set fire to the garage and blown up the car I`ve owned for 38 years they`re only things at the end of the day aren`t they? Really I should just let them have their fun and shut the fuck up shouldn`t I ? Absolutely done!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

stevemarl wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm Yeah, I mean you`re right, there was no damage. In any case if it HAD set fire to the garage and blown up the car I`ve owned for 38 years they`re only things at the end of the day aren`t they? Really I should just let them have their fun and shut the fuck up shouldn`t I ? Absolutely done!
:lol: , if you like , they are your words. If thats what I really thought Id have said so . Did you actually do anything other than moan about it here? If your neiboughs are causing you grief its only fair you talk to them 1st before posting it (with pic ) on the WWW
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Best thing I find is make your presence known, say hi, be calm and collected and warm. It's a good way to get the troops in line. Only problem now is that, last time I made friends, it worked a treat to calm down the unruly kiddies raising hell outside, but now they keep offering me ganja and are desperate to smoke a joint with me :lol: I keep reminding them I can't as the law takes a dim view of having minors over to puff away on weed :lol:

I'd generally advocate nipping it in the bud, generally. If it's a psychopath half naked ranting about God and swinging a sword then maybe not, but young folks cutting loose... you'll be ok and will make progress so long as long as you treat them as equals 👍 we were all young once. If it was fireworks I'd be tempted to join in.

If it all fails and they tell you to fuck off or threaten you then take it from there!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

I would definitely not spend another evening watching cameras, it is soul destroying, literally, it ruins your health. Approach the folks responsible if it is bothering you or or turn the screen off. Do not glue yourself to a camera feed.
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.