Alan Lancaster - Quo Bassist

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Alan Lancaster - Quo Bassist

Post by pbar »

Shame to see that Alan Lancaster, bassist and integral past of Status Quo has passed away.

And appalled to see that on Sky News, as they gave his obituary, they were playing a Quo concert which had a modern, non Lancaster line up! Kay Burley even turned to the footage/screen behind her, saying 'here he is in action with Status Quo', when it was really Rhino Edwards, their more recent bassist. Sky News do seem to get an awful lot of things wrong, BBC News seems much more accurate.

andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Re: Alan Lancaster - Quo Bassist

Post by andyd »

Sad news indeed Paul!

Having given up on all news channels and media I had no idea, but not surpised they couldn't get it right :roll:

I know Alan hadn't been in good health even during the Frantic Four tours in 2013/14.

That's half the original and best lineup gone now :( That pic says it all :guitar:

Luckily they live on through Youtube, albums, cassettes and CDs etc :cool:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:26 pm Luckily they live on through Youtube, albums, cassettes and CDs etc :cool:

Exactly Andy, people like this give, and leave, a gift to the world :)

Keep On Rocking.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

pbar wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm
andyd wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:26 pm Luckily they live on through Youtube, albums, cassettes and CDs etc :cool:

Exactly Andy, people like this give, and leave, a gift to the world :)

Keep On Rocking.
From the time of 60s and 70s legends who broke new barriers, the sort we will never see again.

I recently bought and read XS All Areas, the Parfitt and Rossi autobiographies. Good read, amazed any of them lived as long as they have.

Got a few their books from mid 80s inc End of the Road tour, wish I still had the T shirts and tour Jacket too :doh:
pbar

Post by pbar »

andyd wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:42 pm I recently bought and read XS All Areas, the Parfitt and Rossi autobiographies. Good read, amazed any of them lived as long as they have.

Sounds good, hope to give it a go, sounds interesting, thanks Andy. I've read a few rock biographies, the recent Roger Daltrey one is a good read.