Finally a drive in B112 and some catching up.....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Finally a drive in B112 and some catching up.....

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

So I did a bit of long overdue catching up over the weekend and finally got out for a proper drive in B112. First time proper since the day I got a phone call from Dad telling me mum had contracted covid ๐Ÿ˜’. Since then and all that hapoened just not been in the right frame of mind so tucked up B112 and needed to take a break....until now.!!!!

So first up was Sat morning and a 0630am drive in the Capri to an industrial estate in Basildon, Essex where I met Jason there about 0730am ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He had kindly agreed to meet me there to drop me back to Dartford Station as I have left the Capri down there for a few days....๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ To be continued....... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Had a coffee and good chat with Jason before he dropped me to the station. Was great to see him.

Then on Sunday I was going through my garage and remembered i had a couple of bits for Tom so he popped over to see me and again had a good chat with him too.

After the year i have had and not being to any shows at all it was great to meet uo with both Jason and Tom. Now I must get onto John to pop over as i want him to show me some old school ways of tinkering with the 45s as hes played with a few in his days ๐Ÿ˜‚

So as Tom popped over in 590 it wouid have been rude of me not to take a photo and what a great photo too.!!! Beautiful Capri and a credit to Tom

Considering B112 has been pretty much sat since Feb it ran nice. I can see the 45s prob need some tinkering but as, said they ran really well after so long sat there. !!!! I got a selection of jets and airflow meter to blance them so will have a play. Very easy to work on these 45s as everything is just there accessible. And just in case John is only a phonecall away ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Just love The Pinto... Best engine in the world...๐Ÿ˜‚
I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Re: Finally a drive in B112 and some catching up.....

Post by pbar »

Sounds like you had a great time playing out :) Can't beat having some Capri fun, nice one Nick.
andyd
Car(s): 1981 XR3

Post by andyd »

Good to hear you are back in the saddle (seat) Nick :cool:
Fordoholic Nick wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

:agree: Who needs a V6 :whistle: :lol:

Mine now has a Weber carb with manual choke, much better than the standard VV carb! Might have gained 1 bhp too :drive:
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Fordoholic Nick wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm So I did a bit of long overdue catching up over the weekend and finally got out for a proper drive in B112. First time proper since the day I got a phone call from Dad telling me mum had contracted covid ๐Ÿ˜’. Since then and all that hapoened just not been in the right frame of mind so tucked up B112 and needed to take a break....until now.!!!!

So first up was Sat morning and a 0630am drive in the Capri to an industrial estate in Basildon, Essex where I met Jason there about 0730am ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He had kindly agreed to meet me there to drop me back to Dartford Station as I have left the Capri down there for a few days....๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ To be continued....... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

Had a coffee and good chat with Jason before he dropped me to the station. Was great to see him.

Then on Sunday I was going through my garage and remembered i had a couple of bits for Tom so he popped over to see me and again had a good chat with him too.

After the year i have had and not being to any shows at all it was great to meet uo with both Jason and Tom. Now I must get onto John to pop over as i want him to show me some old school ways of tinkering with the 45s as hes played with a few in his days ๐Ÿ˜‚

So as Tom popped over in 590 it wouid have been rude of me not to take a photo and what a great photo too.!!! Beautiful Capri and a credit to Tom

Considering B112 has been pretty much sat since Feb it ran nice. I can see the 45s prob need some tinkering but as, said they ran really well after so long sat there. !!!! I got a selection of jets and airflow meter to blance them so will have a play. Very easy to work on these 45s as everything is just there accessible. And just in case John is only a phonecall away ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ah Nick , cant resist the temptation to fiddle.๐Ÿ˜.....I thought Tickover had fettled them side suckers for you . Any hows if you don't already have one (๐Ÿ™„) there are a few Weber dcoe manuals on flea bay and they are a great read . Carbs ain't that difficult and knowing how they tick ,specially when you have your right foot on their throats adds to the driving pleasure . I have several such books in the dunny , with their own pair of dedicated reading glasses.๐Ÿ˜
Two things I feel I should say , only change one thing at a time , and seat of the pants tuning can be real deceiving .๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Jasonmarie
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser Mercury Grey 1987 hobby .
Mercedes Vito tourer 2.1 Big Bus Daily Driver

Post by Jasonmarie »

It was good to catch up with you sir as the last few years have been hard , loved your new tattoo โ€ฆ.
Ford Capri 2.0 Laser 1987 Mercury Grey ....... :beer:
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Good show my man, nothing quite like getting two or more Capris together :)
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

andyd wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:38 pm :agree: Who needs a V6 :whistle: :lol:

Mine now has a Weber carb with manual choke, much better than the standard VV carb! Might have gained 1 bhp too :drive:
:lol: :lol: The Pinto World is an exciting place aint it Andy
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Mc Tool wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:13 pm Two things I feel I should say , only change one thing at a time , and seat of the pants tuning can be real deceiving .๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Thanks Hamish. Good advice my friend. Will have a play but yep will not dive in too deep without thinking like i usually do ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I know these carbs need a bit of maintenance every now and then so just wanna check a few things out and see how I get on.!! Wanna fit new plugs for a start and check the carbs are balanced ok then see how i get on from their. Thanks again mate ๐Ÿ‘
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Major_Tom wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:44 pm Good show my man, nothing quite like getting two or more Capris together :)
Ahh Tom twas not quite this sir....

Jason popped over in his daily to pick me up as I have left B112 over in Basildon for a few days ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ and he very kindly dropped me back to the station. So no capri get together but a great t get together non the less as been over a year since i last met up with him. We have promised to get the Capris together real soon though !

Re B112.... To be continued.... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Once those Weber's are properly set up they shouldn't require any more maintain an e than any other carb .๐Ÿ™‚
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh