Yet another Ford....

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Re: Yet another Ford....

Post by Mc Tool »

This is where I get frustrated .......ford dont make oil or filters . I would love to know who their suppliers are so one could buy the same product without the cost normally associated with genuine parts. But if your getting ford oil and filters at a good price why not buy there .
I like Penrite oils 5W/30 for the blade and 10w/40 for the Caldina .......for the ambient temp range around here but each is spec'ed for the other car in different temps so I aint past mixing and matching if I get caught short . I reason its better to have a very slightly less than ( the spec'ed) ideal oil and do the oil and filter on time than wait till I get the right stuff . Thats the drawback of buying oil in 20L containers on special.
Wet belts huh 🤔😀 do they look like a normal belt ? I gotta do the cam belt , water pump and tensioner on the caldina ( 3s motor ) which I aint lookin forward to. 😉🤬😁
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
mjcapri
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Diamond White Granada 24v

Caspian Blue Sierra XR4i

Stealth Grey Focus RS

Storm Grey Fiesta ST200 (actually belongs to the missus!)

Mean Green Fiesta ST-3

Post by mjcapri »

Mc Tool wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:57 am This is where I get frustrated .......ford dont make oil or filters . I would love to know who their suppliers are so one could buy the same product without the cost normally associated with genuine parts. But if your getting ford oil and filters at a good price why not buy there .
I like Penrite oils 5W/30 for the blade and 10w/40 for the Caldina .......for the ambient temp range around here but each is spec'ed for the other car in different temps so I aint past mixing and matching if I get caught short . I reason its better to have a very slightly less than ( the spec'ed) ideal oil and do the oil and filter on time than wait till I get the right stuff . Thats the drawback of buying oil in 20L containers on special.
Wet belts huh 🤔😀 do they look like a normal belt ? I gotta do the cam belt , water pump and tensioner on the caldina ( 3s motor ) which I aint lookin forward to. 😉🤬😁
You’re correct, Ford don’t make oil or filters but I’ve no idea who the OM is. I use genuine parts firstly to preserve the warranty (less of a concern with the Sierra!) and partly because I don’t entirely trust aftermarket QC. Don’t get me wrong it’s not like you regularly get faulty filters but my mate lost an LS1 is his Camaro to a faulty oil filter and apparently he wasn’t alone. The manufacturer (well known in the UK at least, name begins with F) later recalled the faulty batch but getting any compensation was a nightmare….

I don’t think we get Penrite over here, I’ve only heard of them because I watch Supercars!

The wet belts look deceptively normal to the unsuspecting!
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Ah yes , the 🤬💩 filter. There is an interesting vid on youtube about oil filter quality where this dude cuts a bunch of filters open and the 🤬💩 filter looks like shit . I used to buy them too , now I mostly use ryco which got a good rap.
I think he calls himself the filter king or oil king .😁
https://youtu.be/iTNJLEV8CG8
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
pbar
Car(s): Capri 2.0 Laser, frequent driver.

Post by pbar »

Good luck with your car Nick, bet you still have that excited new car feeling. There are more Fiestas on UK roads than any other car, and there is good reason for that. I've been driving one for a couple of years, older model than yours, and it's been great, love it.