Wanted ford Capri 2.0s in cardinal red

Use this forum to post you cars pictures, history and modifications.
classicford 1
Car(s): Wanted Ford Capri 2.0s cardinal red

Wanted ford Capri 2.0s in cardinal red

Post by classicford 1 »

Hello I am looking for a low mileage ford Capri 2.0s in cardinal red with or without black vinyl roof can anyone help me
classicford 1
Car(s): Wanted Ford Capri 2.0s cardinal red

Re: Wanted ford Capri 2.0s in cardinal red

Post by classicford 1 »

My dad was telling me about the Ford Capri he had just before I was born it was 1984 cardinal red 2.0s with silver s stripes the man he bought the car off worked to the fire services he bought the car new from the local ford dealership near us with only one owner from new when my dad heard he was selling the car he went up to see it.it was in a farm yard/ steels farm mr steel was washing the street my dad was talking to him he said yes I am selling the Capri it’s in a barn they both went to the barn and opened the door there it was sitting with a layer of dust on it the miles on the car only covered 53000 he started the car it had its original ford keys first turn of the key started up with no issues he took the car for a drive the car drove with problems the back seats was never sat in the only part that was not original was a aftermarket 4 branch manifold the original manifold that was on the car was in the boot came with the car my dad taken a lawn and bought the Capri for £2000 in 1989.he also said he looked after the car the best he could my mum my sister a car seat and a pram that’s it’s my mum also said when she was going to do the shopping when she was due with me the builders who was working on the supermarket on the scaffolding seen the Capri and her passing them and her parking it when she was getting out they seen the bump there faces dropped :lol: my dad had the Capri for a year when I was born he had to sell it to look after a young family he couldn’t afford keeping it he trade it in for a mk1 Ford Fiesta 1100l with money he said when he was driving away he looked in the rear view mirror watching as the Capri disappeared it was one of the hardest thing he had too do at the time he says was leaving the car. A couple of months later a friend of my dad bought the Car he was showing him he said to my dad look what I bought the Capri was tried and a shell sport sunstrip on it he drove the Capri hard and showing it of in front of him then the car was sold again the Capri past through many hands and he stills talks about the car til today I have shown him other Ford Capris though the years and he always says it’s not like steels Capri he always wondered what happened to the Capri til one day 15 years ago he was at a car breakers the man he know worked there my dad and him was talking about classic cars then he happened to say to him about the cardinal red 2.0s Capri the man said he owned the car and sold it and the last time he seen it .it was on a low loader smashed in the front and never seen again probably scrap now I have seen Capris though the year low miles on them but they seemed to disappear I would be interested in buying one if it’s the right car