Mutton birds

You can RANT and RAVE to your hearts content here instead of clogging up the Q&A Technical Forum!
Report any offensive posts to [email protected]
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Mutton birds

Post by Mc Tool »

IMG_20210606_141640.jpg
IMG_20210606_142019.jpg
IMG_20210606_141828.jpg
Dunno if you guys have heard of mutton birds , proper name is Sooty Shearwater and they nest in burrows on Islands south of the South Island ( thats why it aint called the southest Island 😁) anyhow they are the greasiest fattiest stinkinest things around and wives hate them coz they stink out the kitchen and a stainless pot has to be buried for a month to get rid of the pong .......husbands #ucking love them , banished to the outside kitchen .......where much beer is drunk ,other husbands arrive ,specially if they live downwind 😁 and that pot in the pic aint the only pot here......Im havin a goooooood day.😆
Sometimes I talk to myself ... and we both have a good laugh
Fordoholic Nick
Donator
Donator
Car(s): Ford Capri 2.0 Laser,
Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi

Re: Mutton birds

Post by Fordoholic Nick »

I was born a Fordoholic, They'll bury me a Fordoholic...
Major_Tom
Car(s): 2.0S

Post by Major_Tom »

Would love to try them. Made a rabbit and mutton stew the other day, it was lovely!
I'm the one who leaves all those shoes in the carriageway.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator
Car(s): 1980 mk3 capri 2l ohc T9 , Toyota Blade Master 3.5l V6, Paso , 850T,rd400, 900ss

Post by Mc Tool »

Major_Tom wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:03 am Would love to try them. Made a rabbit and mutton stew the other day, it was lovely!
He he , I was actually thinkin of you Tom while I cooked them . Its basically a seagull so a bit gamey ,meat aint so fatty when cooked .
Andrew 2.8i
Donator
Donator
Car(s): '83 2.8 Injection (sunny days only)
'04 Toyota MR2 (owned from new)

Post by Andrew 2.8i »

I wouldn't be surprised to see you trying swan next time, Hamish ! :xd:

Andrew.
Mc Tool
Donator
Donator

Post by Mc Tool »

Andrew 2.8i wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:43 am I wouldn't be surprised to see you trying swan next time, Hamish ! :xd:

Andrew.
Already done that ,when we buy a gamebird permit ,most peeps get them for duckshooting , but it also covers pretty much anything you'd want to eat ,although for some species there are regional area rules governing where shooting is allowed. Canada geese are a free for all , any type of blastin iron is fine and you can get doc permission to shoot them in reserves...the downie fluff little ones ( bout the size of a chook ) eat the best , and blow up spectacularly when hit with an 1½ ounce of bb shot , like blowin the fluff of a Dandelion. We chase them round the estuary at low tide on our quads.......they cant fly .
We are allowed to hunt black swans only . The only time you can shoot a white (mute) swan is if its sick , injured or being a pain in the arse .....and they can be nasty fuckers.